Looking to make a transition to an accounting career? You’re not alone! Accounting is a great field for career changers, with competitive salaries and predictable credentials. Over the past 3 years, Edgewood has helped students from all sorts of backgrounds (everything from Political Science to Anthropology) make the transition to a rewarding accounting career.
Use our Foundations of Accounting Certificate to:
- Get a solid foundation in the basics of accounting
- Finish the prerequisites for an MS-Accountancy degree at a reduced price
- Receive personalized career coaching from our dedicated faculty
- Qualify for entry-level bookkeeping and assistant accounting jobs
- Gain access to professional networking opportunities through the Edgewood Accounting Network
Our flexible, once-a-week evening classes are designed for working adults, so you can fit classes in without quitting your job. Thanks to our accelerated 8-week class format, most of our students finish the certificate in one year or less.
The program is open to anyone who possesses a bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university. Many of the courses completed in the program can also be used to meet prerequisite requirements for admission to the Master of Science in Accountancy program and will contribute to the requirements students need to meet to take the Certified Public Accounting Exam (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountancy Exam (CMA).
Not sure if accounting is right for you? Try one of our 8-week classes to find out! Invest in yourself for one class in the spring, summer, or fall to see if this career path is right for you. Contact us to get started.
Ready to Apply?
Have a question or need more information?