- An earned Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75, and a minimum 2.75 GPA in all required science and math courses. All required math/science courses must have been completed within five years of admission unless math/science courses were part of a degree earned within the last five years. A grade of C or better is necessary in each required science and math course.
The following courses (or transfer equivalents) must be completed or currently in progress at time of application to be considered for admission:
- College-level Statistics
- PSY 101 General Psychology
- PSY 345 Lifespan Development
- Foreign Language that fulfills Edgewood College degree requirements
- Two semesters of college-level foreign language (or two years of high school foreign language with a C average)
The following science courses (or transfer equivalents):
- 5 or more credits of college-level lab-based Chemistry
- BIO 210 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIO 211 Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIO 312 Microbiology, including lab component
The following courses may be completed as part of the program for an additional per-credit fee OR may be completed prior to program start:
- A Religious Studies Course that fulfills Edgewood College degree requirements (must be approved by Edgewood Registrar)
- BIO 410 Pathology (must be approved by School of Nursing faculty)
If admitted to the program, the following non-course requirements must also be completed by August 1.
- Certified nursing assistant course and certification examination
- CPR Certification (American Heart Association-BLS for Healthcare Providers or Red Cross – CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer/Health Care Provider) and Red Cross-Basic First Aid certification
Prospective students must meet the above criteria to be considered eligible to apply to the School of Nursing’s Post-Baccalaureate BSN program.
If you have any questions regarding requirements, your fulfillment of pre-requirements/program eligibility, or your application status, please contact Taylor Garcia at 608-663-6739 or firstname.lastname@example.org