Applicants must meet all of the requirements for admission to the graduate program.
- Provide evidence of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status. The cumulative grade point average is computed on the highest degree held at the time of application to the Edgewood College graduate program.
- Complete and submit application (including $30 fee) via the Graduate Application webpage. Priority application deadline - August 1. This application is for graduate students who want to pursue a Master’s degree, license or certificate, or take courses as a non-degree student.
- Request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic credits received from each post-secondary institutions you attended be sent directly to Edgewood College Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from college or university professors, supervisors, and/or professional colleagues who can focus on the probability of your success in graduate school.
- Submit a written statement listing the reasons why you think you will be successful in graduate school; cite how specific background experiences will aid in your success as a student.
Submit passing Entrance Exam Scores prior to the start of classes. Candidates must take and pass Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE) Tests (CORE Reading 5712, CORE Writing 5722, CORE Math 5732) or submit GRE, ACT or SAT scores less than five years old.
Information about Wisconsin Praxis Test requirement, study materials and registration assistance is available here.
Tutoring for Praxis exams is available through Edgewood College.
In Madison, the computer-based version of Praxis I can be taken at:
Prometric Testing Center:
5520 Medical Circle Suite E
Madison, WI 53719
The priority application deadline for the Advanced Certification program is August 10. All required application materials should be submitted by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.