Candidates for the DNP program apply using this application. Only completed applications will be reviewed by the School of Nursing for admission consideration. A completed application includes the following items:
- Complete DNP application
- Official post-secondary transcripts from all institutions attended
- Reason for Study Essay (please click here for more information)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two letters must come from nursing colleagues (at least one from a supervisor) that can address potential competency in graduate level studies
- One letter should come from a former faculty member from your MSN program who is qualified to evaluate academic competence for doctoral study
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Proof of licensure (required) and certification (optional)
- International students must submit TOEFL scores
Once applicants successfully complete the online application, they will receive an email request to submit additional materials (transcripts, essay, letters of recommendation, resume, and licenses) directly to Edgewood College. After all application materials have been received and reviewed by the School of Nursing, qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview with the Graduate Admissions and Progression committee. The decision of the Committee will be communicated within one week of the interview date.
Prior to beginning the DNP program’s Residency requirements, students will be required to complete a health form, criminal background check, and proof of a current RN license from the state/country in which they plan to complete their residency.