- Provide evidence of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status. The cumulative grade point average is computed on the highest degree held at the time of application to the Edgewood College graduate program.
- Complete and submit graduate application (including $30 fee).
- Request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic credits received from any post-secondary institutions be sent directly to Edgewood College Graduate and Professional Studies.
- The MFT program reference form must accompany two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to comment on the candidate's potential for success as a therapist.
- The MFT program requires a two-page typewritten statement indicating motives and professional goals for pursing a degree in MFT. The written statement should include:
- Interests and motivation for wanting to be a therapist
- Ability to succeed in graduate school
- What preparation, either through coursework, internship, volunteer work, or job experience, has been undertaken that provides basic therapy skills.
- Applicants must also submit a resume.
- For the Madison program, attendance at an on-campus interview with the Program Director and an admissions team is mandatory. Interviews with candidates applying for a September start will take place on the first Saturday in March. Interviews with candidates applying for a January start will be held on the first Saturday in November. During this interview, the applicant will be required to participate in a role-play exercise. For the Green Bay program, interviews will be done on a rolling basis, with the Program Director beginning in February 2016.
International Students may have additional admission requirements. Learn more.
Madison students - The completed admission application and fee must be submitted prior to the October 1 deadline for spring entries and February 1 for fall entries.
Green Bay students - The completed admission application and fee must be submitted prior to the January 1 deadline for fall entries. Applications will be reviewed the first of each month beginning in February. Limited openings are available for the fall cohort, so apply now for ensured consideration. Once all of your application materials have been submitted, the the Program Director will review your file. You will be contacted within one month regarding an admission interview.
New Student Orientation
An Orientation Day for new students will be held the first Saturday in June for cohorts beginning in August, and the first Saturday in December for cohorts beginning in January.