MBA Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission, applicants must provide the following:
- Completed graduate application. (The $30 application fee is waived for graduates of Edgewood College and for veterans.) This application is for graduate students who want to pursue a Master’s degree, certificate, or take courses as a non-degree student. Applicants to the MBA-Health Systems leadership program may also apply using HAMPCAS, the Healthcare Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application Service.
- Official transcripts reflecting evidence of completion of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Please request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic credits received from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution be sent to Edgewood College. The cumulative grade point average is computed on the highest degree held at the time of application.
- Two letters of recommendation from college or university professors, supervisors, and/or professional colleagues who can speak to the applicant’s potential for success in the Edgewood College MBA program. Additional guidelines for submitting letters of recommendation may be found here.
- A written statement explaining what the applicant hopes to gain from her/his participation in the program, what he/she brings to the program, and how specific background experiences will aid in the applicant’s success as a student.
- A detailed resume evidencing at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- The Graduate Management Admission Test* (GMAT) with a score of at least 430 (or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) converted to comparable GMAT score).
The GMAT is NOT required if the applicant meets one of the following criteria:
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience AND a GPA of at least 3.25 overall or on the last 60 credits, OR
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science in Business from Edgewood College AND a GPA overall or on the last 60 credits of at least 3.25, OR
- Current, active military or former military personnel, or veteran, honorably discharged. Veterans are considered those who have served at least 180 days of active duty (not including training) or who have been injured and determined to have a disability before 180 days. (Does not include those who served the length of their term in the National Guard or Reserves without being activated at any time.)
The entirety of the application materials above are considered in evaluating candidates. However, preference will be given to applicants who meet A , B, or C above, or who score in the 40th percentile or better on the GMAT or GRE.
International Students may have additional admission requirements. Learn more.
Please submit items 2 through 6 to: Edgewood College, Attn: Admission Manager, 1255 Deming Way, Madison, WI 53717.
* GMAT Preparation – For additional review and study assistance, visit: www.princetonreview.com or www.kaplan.com.
To register for the test, call 1-800-717-4628 (GMAT) or go online at www.MBA.com. Enter the name of the school and city.
The Madison test center is:
Pearson Professional Center
8517 Excelsior Drive
Madison, WI 53717
An applicant may submit up to 12 semester hours of graduate credit to Edgewood College for application to the MBA. Approval by The School of Business is required.
Admissions Information for the MBA - Health Systems Leadership Program -
Applicants to the MBA-Health Systems leadership program may also apply using HAMPCAS, the Healthcare Administration, Management & Policy Centralized Application Service. MBA-HSL applicants may save time and/or money using HAMPCAS when applying to multiple programs that accept applications via HAMPCAS. If you apply through HAMPCAS, you do not need to submit the Edgewood College graduate application or pay the $30 application fee. You will pay an application fee to HAMPCAS, and those fees are posted on their website. Edgewood College does not have a preference between applicants who use HAMPCAS and applicants who use our application system. Please contact Gwen Dunnington, Admissions Counselor for the School of Business, with any questions about the difference between the two application systems – firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-663-4299.