Graduate Programs in The School of Business at Edgewood College offer students exceptional and varied learning opportunities from faculty and peers alike. Applicants are therefore assessed for their potential for academic success, what they bring to the classroom, and their capacity to reflect the quality of an Edgewood College degree.
To be considered for admission, applicants must provide the following to the School of Graduate and Professional Studies:
1. Completed graduate application. ($30 application fee is waived for graduates of Edgewood College and veterans.)
2. Official transcripts for a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. The cumulative grade point average is computed on the highest degree held at the time of application to The School of Business graduate program. Please request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic credits received from any post-secondary institutions be sent directly to Edgewood College.
Provide evidence of completion of the following 10 prerequisite courses or equivalent courses:
- Micro-Economics or Macro-Economics
- Finite Math¹
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I²
- Intermediate Accounting II²
- Cost Accounting
- Business Law I
- Tax I²
¹Business calculus is also recommended and is a prerequisite for some of the electives in the MSA Program.
²Prerequisites must be taken at an accredited 4-year college or university.
3. Two letters of recommendation from college or university professors, supervisors, and/or professional colleagues who can speak to the applicant’s potential for success in The School of Business graduate program selected. Additional guidelines for submitting letters of recommendation may be found here.
4. A written statement explaining what you hope to gain from your participation in the program, what you bring to the program, and how specific background experiences will aid in your success as a student.
5. A detailed resume evidencing at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
6. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (with score converted to comparable GMAT) score of at least 430.*
Items requested in #2 thru #6 may be sent to: Edgewood College, Attn: Admission Manager, 1255 Deming Way, Madison, WI 53717
The entirety of the application materials above are considered in evaluating candidates. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
A. Five or more years of relevant professional experience AND a GPA of at least 3.25 overall or on the last 60 credits
B. A Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science degree in Business from Edgewood College AND a GPA overall or on the last 60 credits of at least 3.25
C. A score in the 40th percentile or better on the GMAT or GRE (with score converted to comparable GMAT)*
*The GMAT or GRE requirement may be waived if the applicant meets the following criteria:
- A or B above, or
- Current, active military or former military personnel, or veteran, honorably discharged. Veterans are considered those who have served at least 180 days of active duty (not including training) or who have been injured and determined to have a disability before 180 days. (Does not include those who served the length of their term in the National Guard or Reserves without being activated at any time.)
7. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - for review and study assistance, visit: www.princetonreview.com or www.kaplan.com. Students must call 1-800-717-4628 (GMAT) or go online at www.MBA.com to register for the test. Enter the name of the school and city.
Madison Testing Center
Pearson Professional Center
8517 Excelsior Drive
Madison, WI 53717
8. International Students may have additional admission requirements. Learn more