The Nursing Education certificate program is designed for nursing professionals who want to be better prepared to teach clients, staff and students. It provides students with additional preparation in educational principles and theory to support in their teaching roles. Courses focus on areas such as planning education programs or courses, teaching strategies and interpersonal competency in communication with others.
The Post-Master’s Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education requires completion of five 3-credit courses totaling 15 credits:
- NRS 640 Curriculum and Instruction in Nursing
- NRS 650 Advanced Clinical Applications for Nurse Educators 1
- NRS 655 Advanced Clinical Applications for Nurse Educators 2
- NRS 675 Teaching Methodologies in Nursing Education
- NRS 735 Nursing Practicum