The student experience in the Sustainability Leadership Master of Arts culminates with an integrative sustainability capstone project for an organization or community of the student’s choosing. Working professionals can use this project to lead change for sustainability in their workplace or community. Recent college graduates and people seeking a career change can use this project to launch their career in sustainability leadership.
With assistance from Edgewood faculty and community mentors, students apply the concepts and skills of sustainability leadership learned during the Program to a capstone project that:
- Synthesizes relevant theoretical, practical, and technical content
- Identifies appropriate social change processes
- Implements a focused sustainability plan
- Integrates multiple academic and stakeholder perspectives
- Generates support for change through the effective use of communication skills
Previous capstone projects have included creating community gardens, engaging the public on sustainability issues, educating various groups about sustainability topics, and creating strategic sustainability plans for businesses and organizations.