The symposium, now in its ninth year, is designed to help mid- and senior-level college and university administrators as they consider whether to pursue the post of president. Past participants have included provosts, vice presidents, deans and other administrators. Several have since become college and university presidents.
This 3-day conference explores the characteristics and roles of a successful president, how one acquires the necessary skills and prepares to apply for the role, how the role of president can be a rewarding vocation and how the right presidential fit can make a difference in the lives of others.
Please Note: The printed invoice for this symposium will read “Executive Leadership Summit, July 13-15, 2014.”
Symposium attendees will have the opportunity to meet individually with personnel from a higher education search firm.
We encourage you to enroll at your earliest opportunity. Enrollment will be limited in order to ensure an intimate and engaging experience.
Past Participants and their New Opportunities:
- Barbara Farley - President, Illinois College
- Scott Flanagan - President, Edgewood College (August 2014)
- Craig Phelps - President, A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
- Ezat Parnia – President, Pacific Oaks College
- Thomas Pleger - President, Lake Superior State University
- Joe Gow – Chancellor, UW-LaCrosse
- Patricia Lynott - Provost, Senior VP for Academic Affairs, Southern New Hampshire Univ.
- Bernie Patterson – Chancellor, UW-Stevens Point
- Martha K. Shouldis – President, St. Vincent’s College
- Jay Simmons – President, Iowa Wesleyan
- Troy VanAken - President, Thiel College
Registration price: $800/person includes:
- All materials
- All meals, including special events for attendees
There are no additional charges or fees.
July 13 – 15, 2014
Manchester, New Hampshire
Questions? Please call Cristie Jacobs at 608-663-2262
"…I can honestly say from the heart that this workshop did more for me and my own mental preparations than any other single activity."
"…a highlight of my summer. Thank you for arranging such a stimulating and relevant lineup of talks. The entire event was a pleasure and I feel enriched by it."