The symposium, now in its tenth year, is designed to help mid- and senior-level college and university administrators as they consider whether to pursue the post of president. Past participants have included provosts, vice presidents, deans and other administrators. Several have since become college and university presidents.
This 3-day conference explores the characteristics and roles of a successful president, how one acquires the necessary skills and prepares to apply for the role, how the role of president can be a rewarding vocation and how the right presidential fit can make a difference in the lives of others.
Please Note: The printed invoice for this symposium will read “Executive Leadership Summit, June 24-26, 2015.”
Symposium attendees will have the opportunity to meet individually with personnel from a higher education search firm.
We encourage you to enroll at your earliest opportunity. Enrollment will be limited in order to ensure an intimate and engaging experience.
Past Participants and their New Opportunities:
- Dan Eck - President, Lakeland College
- Evelyn Ellis - Reginal Chancellor, Western Kentucky University
- Barbara Farley - President, Illinois College
- Scott Flanagan - President, Edgewood College
- Joe Gow – Chancellor, UW-LaCrosse
- Tom Jackson - President, Black Hills State University
- Patricia Lynott - Provost, Senior VP for Academic Affairs, Southern New Hampshire Univ.
- John Marsden - President, Midway College
- Craig Phelps - President, A.T. Still University of Health Sciences
- Ezat Parnia – President, Pacific Oaks College
- Tom Pleger - President, Lake Superior State University
- Bernie Patterson – Chancellor, UW-Stevens Point
- Martha K. Shouldis – President, St. Vincent’s College
- Jay Simmons – President, Simpson College
- Donald Taylor - President, Cabrini College
- Kelly Thompson - President, Culver-Stockton College
- Troy VanAken - President, Thiel College
- Jann Weitzel - President, Cottey College
Registration price: $900/person (Early bird $800) includes:
- All materials
- All meals, including special events for attendees
There are no additional charges or fees