Expanding opportunities through financial education
The National Institute of Financial and Economic Literacy (NIFEL) invites you to participate in our annual summer institute series. NIFEL offers three courses/conferences each summer.
Sessions aim to:
- Dramatically increase your effectiveness in educating your students and clients
- Build your confidence in teaching a wide array of financial topics
- Provide a low cost conference experience at the rate of $350. For an additional $510 earn 3 graduates credits. Fees include lodging and meals! (Many Financial Institutions will sponsor participants. Please check with your local bank or credit union!)
Did you know:
A 2009 National Endowment for Education survey showed that 44 states have now adopted personal finance education standards. Yet only 37% of K-12 teachers have taken even one college personal finance course. Quite simply, a lack of qualified educators exists. We give you skills to fill this shortage. The simple NIFEL system is the most successful training program of its kind in the U.S. Since its inception in 2000, it has given over 1,300 educators from 13 states expertise and a career edge—FAST.
We offer ...
- An unmatched group of expert guest presenters.
- A trove of hard-to-find resources and curricula that would take you countless hours to compile yourself.
- Unlimited networking opportunities with other financial literacy educators and experts in the field.
Who benefits most, and who should attend?
Teachers of personal finance, family and consumer sciences, social studies, economics, math, business and others who want to acquire the skills to teach personal finance—financial counselors, tech college faculty, corrections staff and school principals and administrators.