- Is Orientation required for all students?
- Will I be with my parent/guardian/family member(s) during Orientation?
- What do I need to bring to Orientation?
- Do I have to stay on campus overnight for Orientation?
- Who do I contact for more information?
- What if I am a transfer or post bac student?
1. Is Orientation and Registration required for all students?
Yes, all entering first-year students (including transfer freshmen enrolled in COR 1) are required to attend all four days of Orientation, Saturday, August 23 – Tuesday, August 26. During Orientation, students will be made aware of resources on campus, attend their first COR 1 class, have a chance to ask questions they might have about Edgewood College and become better acquainted with the Edgewood College community. Students will be expected to attend.
2. Will I be with my parents/guardian/family member(s) during Orientation?
While there are times throughout the first day of freshmen orientation for students to get together with their parents and family, there are times when the programs are specific to either the parents/guardians or the students and we do keep them separate. It works best when students and parents and families follow their respective schedules. Family orientation concludes at 4:45pm on Saturday, August 23rd.
3. What do I need to bring to Orientation?
Be sure to bring the following:
- Residents: your belongings for the academic year
- Casual clothes and comfortable shoes
- Lightweight jacket
- Pens, pencils, notebook
- Spending money for the Edgewood College Bookstore, snacks, etc.
- Commuter Students: Personal items if you are staying overnight, including sleeping bag, pillow, shampoo, bathrobe, and alarm clock
- Interested in workstudy?
4. Do I have to stay on campus overnight for Orientation?
While resident students will be moving in for the academic year on Saturday morning, commuter students have the option to stay on campus as well. While it is not required, it is recommended that students stay on campus and take advantage of the Commuter Student Sleepover. This allows more participation in the evening events and helps students get a better feel for the campus. If you are interested in staying on campus, please contact the Office of Student Activities Student Assistant, at 608-663-2244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Who do we contact for more information?
If there are any questions or concerns about the Orientation Program, please contact Joe Haferman, Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Student Activities, (608) 663-2244 or 800-444-4861, or email Joe at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office is open from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 7:30am through 12:30pm.
6. What if I am a transfer student or post bac student?
Since transfer and post bac students have typically already attended a college/university orientation, we have created a special one-day program on August 25th that will cover just the "nuts & bolts." However, freshmen transfer students enrolled in COR 1 are required to attend Freshman Orientation, August 23-26.