- Is Orientation required for all students?
- Will I be with my parent/guardian/family member(s) during Orientation?
- What do I need to bring to Orientation?
- Who do I contact for more information?
- What if I am a transfer or post bac student?
1. Is Orientation and Registration required for all students?
Yes, all entering first-year students (including transfer freshmen enrolled in COR 1) are required to attend all four days of Orientation, Saturday, August 20 – Tuesday, August 23. During Orientation, students will be made aware of resources on campus, attend their first COR 1 class, have a chance to ask questions they might have about Edgewood College and become better acquainted with the Edgewood College community. Students will be expected to attend.
2. Will I be with my parents/guardian/family member(s) during Orientation?
While there are times throughout move-in day for students to get together with their parents and family, after the Family Farewell Session Orientation will officially begin for students.
3. What do I need to bring to Orientation?
Be sure to bring the following:
- Residents: your belongings for the academic year
- Casual clothes and comfortable shoes
- Lightweight jacket
- Pens, pencils, notebook
- Spending money for the Edgewood College Bookstore, snacks, etc.
- Interested in workstudy?
4. Who do we contact for more information?
If there are any questions or concerns about the Orientation Program, please contact Joe Haferman, Director of Student Activities and Orientation at (608) 663-2244 or 800-444-4861, or email Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Our office is open from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 7:30am through 12:30pm.
5. What if I am a transfer student or post bac student?
Since transfer and post bac students have typically already attended a college/university orientation, we have created a special one-day program on August 22nd that will cover just the "nuts & bolts." However, freshmen transfer students enrolled in COR 1 are required to attend Freshman Orientation, August 20-23.