Edgewood College welcomes applications from international students. The College offers the following services to assist our international students: academic advising, career and personal counseling, learning support services, tutoring, writing center, on-campus chapel and Mass, center for diversity, international student office, disability services, and more. These services do not require an additional fee.
The Graduate Application for Admission is online, but all transcripts and other documents must be received by Graduate Admissions Office as original or paper versions.
Please submit all of the following documents. Some graduate academic programs may have additional admission requirements. Please review the Admission Requirements for the program in which you're interested.
If you any questions about applying to a Master's level or Doctoral program, please contact Joann Eastman in the Graduate Admissions Office - email@example.com or call 608-663-3250.
Application Deadline Dates:
Fall (August) Term Priority Deadline: May 1
Spring (January) Term Priority Deadline: November 1
All documents should be official versions and mailed or delivered to:
Graduate Admissions Office
1000 Edgewood College Dr.
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Apply for Admission:
- Complete the International Graduate Application for Admission
- An application fee of $30. This fee is non-refundable
- Photocopy of your passport.
Meet English Language Proficiency:
4. For non-native speakers of English, verification of English proficiency through one of the following ways. Documents must be official. Photocopies, scanned or emailed documents will NOT be reviewed or accepted.
A) TOEFL score of 80 or higher on the internet-based test (IBT).
B) IELTS score of 6.0 or higher (www.ielts.org).
C) A transcript demonstrating successful completion of 1 year (24 credits) of college-level work in English (both instruction
and textbooks in English).
D) Completing coursework at one of Madison’s English Language Institutes:
- Wisconsin ESL Institute (www.wesli.com). Successfully completing WESLI’s 700-level requirements with grades of AB or higher
- Madison ESL School (www.mesls.org). Successfully completing MESLS Level six (302) core courses with grades of AB or higher
Meet Our Academic Requirements:
5. Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be reviewed by an approved international credential evaluator. Please request a “course by course” evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) -www.ece.org We also accept evaluations from WES - www.wes.org. Documents must be official. Photocopies, scanned or emailed documents will NOT be reviewed or accepted.
6. Official copies of all college/university transcripts and certified translations into English of all transcripts not originally in English (We may accept copies of official transcripts.)
7. Provide two letters of recommendation from college or university professors, supervisors, and/or professional colleagues who can focus on the probability of your success in graduate school.
8. Submit a written statement listing the reasons why you think you will be successful in graduate school. Cite how your specific background experiences will aid in your success as a student.
9. Post-secondary degree must meet the cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Averages below 2.75 will be reviewed and considered for admissions on a case-by-case basis.
10. MBA and MS-Accountancy program candidates must also submit a GMAT score of 430 or higher. Contact the Graduate Program Admissions Office for details.
I 20 Processing - Prove Financial Viability
11. In order to receive an I 20 from Edgewood College, students must provide proof of financial support for the duration of study at Edgewood College.
A. If educational expenses are paid by SACM, students must submit an official "Financial Guarantee" letter. Please note -
letters addressed "for admission purposes only" will not be accepted for I 20 processing.
B. If educational expenses will be paid by a sponsor, a notarized affidavit of support signed by that sponsor is required.
Student must supply verification of ability to pay $33,246 per year for the cost of attendance (both direct costs, such as tuition, fees, and books and indirect costs like insurance, transportation, etc.). This figure is determined annually. If student is accompanied by any dependent, an additional $8,000 per year will be added for each dependent.
Financial documents must:
- be original letters or statements from a financial institution with original ink signatures and stamps
- be written in English or accompanied by official English translation and indicate unit of currency.
- include both the sponsor’s name and student’s name exactly as it appears on student’s application.
- be dated within six months of application date.
Students should request additional original documents to present to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy when requesting a student visa, and to present to immigration officials when entering the United States.