Edgewood College welcomes applications from international students. The College offers the following services to assist our international students: academic advising, career and personal counseling, learning support services, tutoring, writing center, on-campus chapel and Mass, center for diversity, international student office, disability services, and more. These services do not require an additional fee.
Edgewood College is authorized to issue the required Certificate of Eligibility for Admission (I-20 Form) necessary to obtain a student visa. All international students must complete and forward all necessary application documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- The Edgewood College Graduate Application for Admission
- An application fee of $30
- Original copies of all college transcripts. College transcripts must be reviewed by an approved international credential evaluator. Please request a “course by course” evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE).www.ece.org).
- Photocopy of your passport.
- For non-native speakers of English, verification of English proficiency through one of the following ways:
A) TOEFL score of 80 or higher on the internet-based test (IBT).
B) IELTS score of 6.0 or higher ( www.ielts.org).
C) A transcript demonstrating successful completion of 1 year (24 credits) of college-level work in English (both instruction and textbooks in English).
D) Completing coursework at one of Madison’s English Language Institutes:
- Wisconsin ESL Institute (www.wesli.com). Successfully completing WESLI’s 700-level requirements.
- Madison ESL School ( www.mesls.org). Successfully completing MESLS Level six (302) core courses.
E) Recommendation letters from WESLI and MESLS instructors may be submitted as proof of English proficiency for purposes of admission and will be accepted in lieu of a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Proof of financial support for the duration of study at Edgewood College.
If educational expenses will be paid by a sponsor, a notarized affidavit of support signed by that sponsor is required.
Student must supply verification of ability to pay $33,246 per year for the cost of attendance (both direct costs, such as tuition, fees, and books and indirect costs like insurance, transportation, etc.). This figure is determined annually.
Financial documents must:
- be original letters or statements from a financial institution with original ink signatures and stamps
- be written in English or accompanied by official English translation and indicate unit of currency.
- include both the sponsor’s name and student’s name exactly as it appears on student’s application.
- be dated within six months of application date.
Students should request additional original documents to present to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy when requesting a student visa, and to present to immigration officials when entering the United States.
- MBA and MS-Accountancy only-Submit GMAT score of 430. See School of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions Office for specific details.