Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Thanks for your interest in applying to Edgewood College. Below, you will see the documents required to be considered for admission as an undergraduate international student.
Our Undergraduate Application for Admission is online, but all transcripts and other documents must be received by the Admissions Office as original or official paper versions. With the exception of the copied image of your passport "identity page," photocopies, scanned, or emailed documents will not be reviewed or accepted and please be aware that all transcripts and other documents received by the College become the property of the College and will not be released to the student, nor will copies be made.
If you have any questions about applying to Edgewood College, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 608-663-2294.
All documents should be official versions and mailed or delivered to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
1000 Edgewood College Dr.
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All application materials must be received by the appropriate deadline. Once we have all of your documents, please expect a processing time of approximately three weeks. If you have any questions about applying to Edgewood College, please email email@example.com or call the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 608-663-2294.
Fall (August) Term Priority Deadline: May 1
Spring (January) Term Priority Deadline: November 1
Information in Arabic
Click here to view the admissions requirements in Arabic.
Conditional Admission for WESLI and MESLS Students
For undergraduate applicants who are currently studying ESL at Wisconsin English as a Second Language Institute (WESLI) or Madison English as a Second Language School and are seeking conditional admission, click here. Information about applying for conditional information is also available in Arabic here. Please note that you must be in good standing at WESLI or MESLS in order to be considered for conditional admission. We are not able to offer conditional admission to students who are not enrolled in either WESLI or MESLS.
Required Documents for Full Admission to Edgewood College as an International Student
To be considered for full admission, please submit:
- The Edgewood College Undergraduate Application for Admission.
- A copy of the identity/photo page from your passport.
- An application fee of thirty US dollars ($30.00) to cover the processing of credentials. This fee is non-refundable.
- High school/secondary school academic records. Original copies of all diplomas, certificates, grade reports and test results received upon completion of high school. These credentials must include a list of subjects studied, the number of hours per week spent on each subject, the minimum passing grade and the maximum possible grade in each subject, and any grade earned through examination. If these credentials are not in English, an authorized English translation is required.
- College/university academic records. If you have completed any college or university-level courses, you are required to present any transcripts, certificates, or diplomas received. Please note that it is mandatory to provide all transcripts from all academic work, even if you will be studying in a different academic area. Failure to report previously attended institutions in the admissions process may result in action, including dismissal, from the College. If you've studied at a college/university outside of the US and would like to have your previous coursework considered for transfer credit, you must also submit an evaluation of credits from an approved international credential evaluator. Please request a detailed "course-by-course" evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org).
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose primary language is not English). Applicants must prove English proficiency by submitting one of the following documents:
- TOEFL score of 71 or higher on the internet-based test (IBT) or 525 or higher on the paper-based test (PBT) (For more information visit www.toefl.org)
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher (www.ielts.org)
- Completion of the ELS Level 112 intensive program (www.els.edu)
- Letter of recommendation from an approved ESL instructor (such as WESLI or MESLS).
- A transcript demonstrating successful completion of 1 year of college-level work in English.
- Proof of financial support. Students who need an F-1 or J-1 student visa must show sufficient funds on deposit for at least one year of study. For the 2016-17 school year, this amount is $43,888 USD. Detailed estimated cost information is as follows:
2016-17 Estimated tuition and fees for a full-time undergraduate student
Estimated cost for meals and housing for one academic year (Incoming freshmen are required to live on campus for two years.)
Estimated personal cost (Including mandatory health insurance and books)
Students applying for the 2016-17 school year should be able to demonstrate the ability to pay at least $43,888 USD per year. If you are applying to begin study in a school year other than 2016-17, please account for a 6% increase in all costs. Please note that this amount is an estimate and is subject to change at any time.
Financial documents must:
- show adequate funds on deposit to finance one full year of study ($43,888 USD for the 2016-17 school year).
- be original letters or statements from a financial institution with original ink signatures and stamps. Scanned, emailed, copied, and faxed versions are not accepted.
- be written in English or accompanied by official English translation and indicate unit of currency.
- include both the sponsor's name and student's name exactly as it appears on student's application.
- be dated within six months of application date.
Students should request additional original documents to present to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy when requesting a student visa, and to present to immigration officials when entering the United States.
Although Edgewood College offers on-campus employment opportunities and a few scholarships for international students, it is necessary that each student evaluates the cost of studying at Edgewood and is prepared to finance it totally. Tuition and fees for each term must be paid in full prior to beginning classes.