Now that we're in 2014, it's time for your student to complete the FAFSA. March 1, 2014 is the priority filing deadline for Edgewood College. Funding (especially Wisconsin Tuition Grant) cannot be guaranteed after March 1, 2014.
Step 1: Student and Parent (if applicable) file 2013 Federal taxes
• If 2013 taxes are not complete, use completed 2012 federal taxes and any relevant 2013 information such as W2 forms or last pay stub showing year-to-date earnings
Step 2: Complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA online and use the IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL (the IRS retrieval tool is available on the FAFSA 2 weeks after electronically filing your federal taxes)
• While completing the FAFSA, you may electronically retrieve your tax information from the IRS
• Tax information will automatically be completed on the FAFSA
• May reduce documents requested by the financial aid office
• Participation is optional, but highly recommended
• If you do not use the IRS data retrieval tool, you will need your and your parent’s (if applicable) 2013 Federal Income Tax Forms and W2s
Edgewood College students may schedule a one-on-one appointment with a member of our Financial Aid staff at a time convenient for the student. We make it easy - we can "walk you through" the whole process. Please contact us at 608-663-4300 or via email at Ecentral@edgewood.edu. We look forward to hearing from you!
2014-2015 Financial Aid Award Letters will be sent electronically to the student. They will NOT be sent in the mail. Awarding for continuing students will begin in April. Filing the FAFSA after March 1 may delay the financial aid award letter and reduce aid eligibility.
You might consider sending a little taste of home to your student. Our Dining Services staff offers a great way to send your student a care package for lots of different occasions.
As a reminder, student bills will be sent electronically to your student's Edgewood College email address. If you are an authorized payer, you will also receive your student's e-bill through the email account you designated.
Students can assign others to be an authorized payer. Authorized payers can view and pay bills on the students behalf.
If you have any questions, or if we're missing something important here, please call the Dean of Students Office at (608) 663-2212.