Asjunct Instructor - Child Life
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College is seeking an Adjunct Instructor in the School of Education’s Child Life graduate and undergraduate program. The position requires the both a teaching and administrative load determined by the Director of the Child life program in collaboration with the candidate.
- Teach 6 credit hours per semester in the SoE, specifically in the Child life program.
- Provide 3 credits of administrative support to the Program Director.
- Work collaboratively with the program leadership and faculty on course syllabus.
- Participate in faculty professional development.
- Communicate student concerns and needs to program leadership.
- Attend child life program staff meetings and SoE meetings as deemed necessary by the Director.
- Supervise/advise student child life organization.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Ability to work independently and follow a project through to completion.
- Must be a Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) with at least 6000 Clinical Hours.
- Must have graduated with a Bachelor’s in Child Life or related study.
- Completed a Graduate degree in child life or related field.
- Engaged member of the Association of Child Life Professionals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with many types of technology, including Microsoft Office, database software, online survey tools, Skype, and social media.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – AICL
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer