Annual Fund Director
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Annual Fund Director will provide oversight and manage the planning and implementation of all components of the annual giving program. The Director will be responsible for encouraging continued annual giving, to re-engaging lapsed benefactors, and acquiring new benefactors from alumni, parents, faculty/staff, and friends of the College in a manner that engages the highest level of ethics and fundraising standards.
- Create and implement short– and long–term strategies to achieve annual dollar and participation goals for the Edgewood College Annual Fund through a program that engages and solicits alumni, parents, faculty/staff, and friends of the College. Track and analyze results and recommend and implement opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Oversee all written and electronic mass appeals, including concept development, message outline, and appropriate audience distribution.
- Oversee the student phone solicitation program, including script writing and training, supervision, and management of student callers.
- Collaborate with the Annual Fund Gift Officer, including coordination of Annual Fund solicitations, and appropriate follow up with benefactors.
- Collaborate with the major gifts staff to identify, cultivate and solicit major gift prospects for their annual gifts.
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations Director and Advancement Services Team to coordinate mass communication efforts.
- Prepare list of performance expectations in consultation with the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Participate in appropriate professional organizations.
- Plan and manage individual annual budget.
- Participate in occasional evening and weekend activities.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in alumni relations, annual fund-raising, and/or similar non-profit development or constituent outreach programs. Other experience deemed equivalent and relevant by the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A strong background in and understanding of audience segmentation.
- A desire to work as a part of a team.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial.
- Must have the ability to forge strong working relationships with others and a capacity for engaging confidence and trust among benefactors, parents and friends of Edgewood College.
- Personal characteristics associated with successful advancement professionals, including a vigorous work ethic, sound judgment, solid integrity, demonstrated initiative, appropriate professional attitude and personality to work effectively with colleagues, College representatives and partners, and senior College and volunteer leaders.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with development and database software.
- Proficient or willing to be trained in phone solicitation software systems.
- The Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement will review overall performance against stated performance expectations at least annually. Such review will include the accuracy and timeliness of task and project completion.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – AFDI
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer