Annual Fund Gift Officer
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Annual Fund Gift Officer will participate as a team member of the Edgewood College Office of Institutional Advancement, reporting to the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement. The Annual Fund Gift Officer will manage a portfolio of qualified annual fund prospects, encouraging continued and enhanced annual giving, reengaging benefactors, and acquiring new benefactors, including alumni, parents, and friends of the College. Travel and occasional weekend and evening activities will be necessary to support 250 personal, face-to-face visits per year with prospects and benefactors.
- Continuously manage and refine an annual fund benefactor portfolio.
- Plan and implement annual gift cultivation and solicitation resulting in 250 personal face-to-face visits each year with annual fund benefactors. This includes (but is not limited to) securing appointments, creating correspondence and proposals, and initiating effective follow-up communication with benefactors.
- Establish gift targets, matching prospect interests, and plan annual gift development strategies at the $1,000 level and higher.
- Input timely, contact reports within the Raisers Edge database documenting communication with benefactors and outcomes of visits and solicitations.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Staff to ensure benefactors are appropriately engaged, solicited, and stewarded.
- Plan and manage individual budget.
- Support Edgewood College’s Mission, Vision, and Dominican tradition.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in annual fund-raising and/or similar non-profit development or constituent outreach programs. Other experience, including sales and customer service, deemed equivalent and relevant by the Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate gift opportunities to benefactors in a face to face visit and make the “ask.”
- Passionate about the Mission of Edgewood College.
- Commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while giving appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to build and nurture effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and benefactors.
- High motivation for success, goal driven, and results oriented.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as with a team.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with development and/or database software. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement will prepare performance expectations for academic year in consultation with the Annual Fund Gift Officer. Overall performance expectations will be reviewed at least annually.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – AFGF
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer