Assistant Athletic Trainer
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Edgewood College Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (http://www.edgewoodcollegeeagles.com/) seeks a qualified Assistant Athletic Trainer who will be responsible for supporting the medical coverage of the athletic training room and select athletic teams. Edgewood College sponsors 15 NCAA Division III sports (more than 230 student-athletes) and is a member of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC).
The successful candidate will assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the coordination and delivery of athletic training services to the student-athletes of Edgewood College, including but not limited to: evaluation and treatment of injuries at practices and games, design and supervision of rehabilitation programs, education and counseling of student-athletes, administration of athletic training operations as assigned, referral of injured athletes to appropriate physicians according to the department’s insurance guidelines, and other duties assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and/or Assistant Director of Athletics. Travel with athletic teams may be necessary at times, but shall not be required for all away contests.
This position is a full-time 10-month appointment; scheduled working hours vary including early mornings, nights, weekends and some limited travel. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Provide athletic training services to student-athletes as allowed under the State of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing as a certified Athletic Trainer.
- Provide prevention screening, treatment and rehabilitation well as, ethical, timely and appropriate medical advice to student-athletes regarding athletic related injuries/illnesses.
- Manage and maintain student-athlete insurance information.
- Maintain accurate records of athletic injuries, physical modalities, rehabilitation programs, and physician visits
- Assist in administrative responsibilities including equipment purchase/maintenance and inventory of athletic training supplies.
- Provide sports medicine support at all assigned, home and select, away athletic contests.
- Clearly communicate with members of the Sports Medicine Team of Physicians, Chiropractors, Director of Health Services, and other health providers within limits of the existing laws.
- Act as a neutral liaison between student-athletes and coaches, administrators and faculty.
- Consult, coordinate, create and review sport specific program development as well as strength and conditioning protocols as needed.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Nationally Certified Athletic Training License (NATABOC)
- State of Wisconsin Licensure eligible (Athletic Training Licensure)
- Current CPR/AED certification for Health Care Providers or Professional Rescuers.
- 1-2 years of experience within an Intercollegiate Athletic Department (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree (Required); Master’s Degree (desired)
- Experience in an academic environment (desired)
- Collegiate athletic training experience is preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and acceptance of the NCAA III Philosophy
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for Athletic Training
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work in a close and busy environment
- Attention to detail
- Desire to work as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Have or be able to acquire a State of Wisconsin Driver’s License
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10
- Familiarity with various injury tracking software
- Training in basic Athletic Training modalities
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – ATAT
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer