Assistant Professor of Accounting
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College School of Business (ECSB) invites applications for one tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Accounting at the Assistant Professor level beginning in January or Fall 2019.
Faculty hire will teach full time in the Adult College Completion, undergraduate, and/or graduate accounting programs. Edgewood College and the School of Business are interested in academically qualified (AQ) candidates who will make significant contributions in the areas of teaching, research, service, and mentorship.
- Teach full-time within the School of Business (24 credit hours per academic year) while demonstrating excellence, innovation, rigor, and fairness in teaching.
- Mentor current and new Accounting majors as needed in coordination with the advising staff.
- Faculty Recruitment
- Provide support to Accounting Department Chair in future search processes for vacant full-time faculty positions (tenure and non-tenure track).
- Advise the Accounting Department Chair and School of Business Dean on qualified candidates for teaching accounting courses, including adjunct instructor positions
- Assist the Accounting Department Chair with orienting, evaluating, managing and communicating with full-time and adjunct accounting faculty.
- Provide support to the Accounting Department Chair in designing and developing appropriate and relevant accounting curriculum (undergraduate, graduate, and Adult College Completion) and annually review the curriculum for improvement opportunities.
- Assist the Accounting Department Chair in developing online and hybrid courses in the undergraduate and graduate Accounting degree programs.
- Assess student learning objectives, goals, and outcomes for undergraduate and graduate accounting courses taught in consultation with Accounting Department Chair and School of Business’ Assessment Coordinator.
- Assist the Accounting Department Chair and School of Business Dean’s Office in scheduling classes, timetable generation, and catalogue revisions to reflect the goals of the accounting department.
- Advise the Internship Coordinator on the needs and requirements of accounting students.
- Serve on Department, School, and College level committees as needed.
- Participate in Edgewood College events, committees, and activities as time permits to demonstrate the School of Business’ engagement in the College.
- Engage in the greater Madison community through public service, which may include student learning projects with for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrate service leadership to the academy in the accounting discipline (i.e., academic journal reviewer, editorial board member, or editor; academic conference proceedings reviewer, discussant, session chair, track chair, or chair; etc.).
- Publish quality research articles in peer-reviewed academic journals, practitioner journals, and academic conference proceedings in the Accounting discipline and other business related disciplines.
- Must maintain an active research agenda within the academic Accounting discipline and closely related business disciplines.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- A terminal degree and minimum 15 credits at the graduate level in Accounting is required.
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Accounting (AACSB accredited university) is preferred, but ABD status doctoral candidates may be considered. ABD status doctoral candidates who have not completed their terminal degree by the contract start date may be hired as a non-tenure track Instructor, which would convert to a tenure-track Assistant Professor position after conferral of the terminal degree.
- A current CPA or CMA license and significant relevant work experience outside of academia are highly desirable.
- Experience with teaching/mentoring is preferred.
- Demonstrate the potential to produce or have recently produced scholarly publications in peer reviewed academic journals.
- Embraces student centricity, diversity, and inclusion at a leading Catholic teaching institution.
- Must maintain academically qualified (AQ) status as defined by the Accreditation Council for Business School & Programs (ACBSP).
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent writing, communication, and Microsoft Office skills. Knowledge of SharePoint and Blackboard are pluses.
- Ability to multitask, exercise independent judgment, and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Exhibits professionalism, integrity, and ethics at all times.
- Willingness to promote the School of Business to prospective students and to the Greater Madison community.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
- Applications must contain a substantive cover letter that specifically address how the candidate’s experiences match the job position’s responsibilities, required qualifications, and desired qualifications.
- A complete application packet must also include:
- a recent curriculum vita/resume,
- five professional references with full contact information,
- three letters of support from references that clearly communicate why the job applicant is an excellent candidate for the position,
- copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, all application materials should be provided to the Human Resources Office by Friday, October 26, 2018. Failure to submit all requested documents/information shall deem an application to be incomplete and will not be considered. Send your completed application packet to:
Human Resources – APRA
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer