Assistant Professor of Microbiology
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Department of Biological Sciences at Edgewood College invites applications for a tenure-track Microbiology teaching position to begin in August 2019. Candidates should have experience in the fields of microbiology, immunology, medical microbiology, or virology.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- A PhD degree in microbiology, immunology, virology or a related discipline
- Experience setting up and teaching laboratory classes
- Experience working with undergraduates in the classroom and the lab
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with both department peers and the School of Nursing
- Proven track record of research in either microbiology, immunology, virology or a related field
- An interest and experience in mentoring undergraduate research students.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. (or complete a Ph.D. before the position start date) in an area relevant to this position
- Experience working with undergraduates
- Teaching experience
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a CV, letter of application, teaching philosophy, research statement, transcripts and references by December 15th, 2018 to:
Human Resources – APMB
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer
For inquiries regarding the position contact:
Biological Sciences Department