Campus Assistance Center Operator (Part-Time)
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
The Campus Assistance Center at Edgewood College is seeking a part-time Operator. The Operator will provide information and assistance to Edgewood College faculty, staff, students, and guests at the College’s main reception desk by demonstrating an understanding of the campus and its activities and knowledge of all materials and tools specific to the operation of the Campus Assistance Center.
- Work with Security and others in emergency situations to ensure the safety and well-being of faculty, staff, students, and guests.
- Assist the Campus Assistance Center Supervisor in the supervision and training of work-study students and teach them excellent customer service skills.
- Assist the Campus Assistance Center Supervisor in updating all information necessary to the operation of the Center, including faculty/staff directory, CAC manual, etc.
- Track mileage, usage, and availability of the Edgewood College Car.
- Answer multi-line telephone/switchboard.
- Assist visitors and guests with parking and direct visitors to appropriate campus office or building.
- Use emergency response equipment, such as the two-way radio, weather radio, and 911 alert software.
- Issue parking permits as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments that are consistent, fair and unbiased.
- Be able to remain calm and function appropriately during an emergency.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all college facilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a busy environment with multiple distractions.
- Ability to accept and carry out responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Computer skills: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Share Point is a plus.
Hours of Work
Fixed hours will be every other Saturday and Sunday, from 3pm to 11pm, with additional fill-in shifts as needed. 3rd shift, (11pm-7am) availability is required. This position could also be available to fill in for vacant security shifts as needed.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.To apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – CACO
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer