Coordinator for Student Engagement and Leadership
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Coordinator for Student Engagement and Leadership is a vital role on the Office of Student Inclusion and Involvement Leadership Team. Under the leadership of the Director of Student Inclusion and Involvement, this role is primarily responsible for the leadership and student engagement areas; including on student organizations, on and off-campus events and programming at Edgewood College.
The purpose of the Coordinator for Student Engagement and Leadership position is to work in partnership with the other OSII Program Coordinator, to coordinate and promote a diverse variety of campus events and student leadership opportunities to promote student learning, growth and development outside of the classroom.
The Office of Student Inclusion and Involvement (OSII) serves as the primary source from social, leadership, co-curricular and multicultural campus opportunities for all Edgewood students. We cultivate a variety of opportunities for campus engagement that create a well-rounded student experience and works to enhance the academic mission of Edgewood College. Our goal is to create a community that recognizes challenges and transforms their individual attitudes towards difference, while learning to celebrate the rich contributions of all cultures, and graduate prepared to lead in a global society.
Additional job functions will include constituency-based support, advocacy, and outreach to underrepresented students and attending OSII sponsored major events and programs.
This is a 12-month position; evening and weekend hours are required, depending on programs and events.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop student organization training and for student leaders and advisors
- Act as consultant for student organization leaders and advisors
- Oversees on-going leadership development program for student organizations
- Serves as a consultant and participates in the development and execution of student staff selection
- Oversees the recognition and registration process for new student organizations and maintains all paperwork and institutional records with regard to membership and participation
- Develops policies and procedures related to student organization operations and programs
- Development and planning of the Multicultural Student Organization Retreat and provide support to the Multicultural Student Organizations on campus
- Coordinate, manage, and implement a diverse range of activities and events for all students.
- Including our “Eagle Family Friendly” programming series.
- Coordinate and oversee major student activities and programs such as: Welcome Week, Campus Fest, Spring Carnival and Winterfrost.
- Coordinate, manage and run the Student Leadership Retreat; this retreat to centered on bringing student organizations together to highlight the importance of their roles on campus and development skills to assist them throughout their leadership term.
- Coordinate, manage and run the Inclusive Leadership Certificate program.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate the OSII Programming Ambassadors (campus programming board).
Additional Office Responsibilities
Student Advocacy and Support
- Actively build relationships/mentorships with students, including spending time in the office, the Student Resource Center, various student spaces and attending student events.
- Attend all OSII Leadership Team meetings and retreats.
- Submits Weekly Reviews of campus events, including event type, attendance, summary, and lessons learned
- Complete End of Year Report focusing on student organizations and campus heritage programming.
- Serve as member College committees as needed
- Participate in Commencement, College Assemblies, Admissions functions and other College activities as needed
- Actively support Mission of Edgewood College and the Division of Student Development
- Master’s degree (preferred) or bachelor’s degree and related combination of experience in student affairs, higher education, counseling, or other related fields focused on college student development (required).
- Experience working in the areas of orientation, student involvement, diversity and inclusion, residence life, etc. (preferred).
- Two-year professional experience, graduate work included, in college student affairs or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working with underrepresented students, specifically students of color, first generation, low-income, undocumented, and LGBTQ+ students.
- Demonstrate a high level of multicultural competence; the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways.
- Demonstrate competency skills in the areas of Student Involvement including event planning, diversity and inclusion, leadership development, orientation, and student affairs
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of student development theories, practices or concepts.
- Strong organizational ability, interpersonal skills, and high aptitude in oral and written communications.
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment and a proven competence in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Proactive and creative approach to problem solving and experience providing crisis intervention and referrals to appropriate campus and community resources.
- Ability to gather, track and interpret data as it relates to programming and events to better assess the impact on students served and make recommendations for improvement.
- Familiarity with and ability to uphold FERPA regulations when working with students and confidential records.
- Supervision of student staff and/or advising of student leaders
- The candidate must actively support the mission of the college by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – CSEL
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer