Adjunct Instructor- Computing and Information Sciences
Description of Job
The Computing & Information Sciences (CIS) Department in the School of Liberal Arts, Education, and the Sciences at Edgewood College invites applications for an adjunct teaching position for the Spring 2022 semester.
The individual appointed in this position will be able to teach the following undergraduate level course face to face in a traditional semester-based format:
- Teach one section of CS 305 Introduction to Data Analytics, scheduled at TR 6:00 – 7:50 PM.
This course is intended to give students the grounding principles of data analysis. Students will be exposed to different frameworks of scientific interaction with the data and ways to reduce uncertainty in order to get better decision-making results. Prerequisites: CS 165 or CS 179; and MATH 256.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- MS, ABD, or earned doctorate in Computer Science, or Computer Information Systems, or a related discipline. PhD preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate technology into the classroom experience.
- Experience working with undergraduates in the classroom.
- Experience teaching in an online or hybrid learning environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with department peers and others on campus.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- An enthusiastic, reflective approach to teaching is required. Candidates with a demonstrated ability to create meaningful collegial relationships with students, faculty, and leadership with diverse backgrounds and points of view will be given priority consideration.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
A completed application will consist of:
- A letter of application that describes the candidate’s teaching and research experience and interests, and that addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description;
- A curriculum vitae comprised of at least those elements specified on the application form and including the names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three individuals who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
- A transcript showing highest degree earned (an official transcript will be required of finalists)
Finalists for this position will be required to arrange for three letters of reference to be sent to the search committee. The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received no later than Dec 6, 2021. Early response is encouraged.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –ADCS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer