Annual Giving and Alumni Relations Coordinator
Description of Job
The Annual Giving and Alumni Relations Coordinator will participate as a valued member of the Advancement Office, reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations.
As an integral part of the College’s advancement program, the Coordinator will provide support for dynamic alumni relations and annual giving efforts. A proactive and collaborative professional, the Coordinator is responsible for the production and management of alumni and benefactor events through collaboration with faculty, staff, and College leadership. Occasional evenings and weekends will be required to support event management.
Annual Giving & Alumni Relations
- Enhance and maintain the advancement/giving and alumni web pages, including the creation of individual giving pages for special campaigns.
- Provide exceptional customer service by immediately addressing alumni and benefactor concerns, needs, and requests, and effectively responding to alumni and benefactor questions.
- Manage digital marketing initiatives for alumni relations and annual giving campaigns to include social media, e-communications, and video.
- Create, compose, and edit content for alumni and annual giving communications, including class notes, alumni profiles/news, Alumni Facebook and LinkedIn posts, webpages, and stewardship pieces.
- Support Alumni Board meetings.
Events & Stewardship
- Support the Director of Annual Giving & Alumni Relations in the coordination and planning of a variety of alumni engagement and benefactor events.
- Develop and secure all event logistics requisitions for event setup, catering, event décor/linens, and equipment/technology requirements.
- Work with campus partners to coordinate event logistics, including the President’s Office, Admissions, Academic Affairs, Athletics, Reservations, Marketing & Communications, Technology, and communicating with Campus Leadership.
- Prepare event materials, including nametags, signs, gifts, registration table needs.
- Utilize Blackbaud donor software to create event registrations, track guest lists, and maintain key information related to guests.
- Coordinate monthly/annual benefactor recognition including birthdays, first-time gifts, and anniversaries.
- Assist with benefactor and volunteer stewardship.
- Represent the College at various campus and community events.
- Assist with timely and accurate database updates and actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License. The incumbent must successfully complete and pass a Motor Vehicle Check.
- Organized self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Other experience deemed equivalent and relevant by the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations.
- Edgewood College alumni encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Demonstrated time management skills, including meeting shifting deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the College.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
Required Technical Skills
- Experience with databases, Raisers Edge NXT preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with social media as a conduit for constituent engagement.-
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - AGAR
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer