Athletic Coach - Men's Soccer (Part-Time)
Description of Job
Edgewood College is seeking a part-time Assistant Coach – Men’s Soccer. This position reports directly to the Head Men’s Soccer Coach, under the direction of the Director of Athletics. The position is responsible for program support of the specific Edgewood College Program. Athletics plays an important role in the life of the campus, including but, not limited to the following: enhancing the learning experience for student-athletes, creating opportunities for uniting the campus community, publicly demonstrating the College’s values and mission, and contributing to the achievement of the College’s enrollment goals. This position will be active in supporting the College’s Mission and Vision, and will strictly adhere to NCAA, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference and Institutional rules.
- Assist each team member in reaching their athletic potential, in a manner consistent with the College’s Values.
- Teach each team member proper techniques, strategies and, skills that foster growth, development of potential and, opportunities to achieve success
- Support the Head Coach in developing a strong sense of team within the Program, the Department and the College.
- Assist in organized and productive practice sessions
- Prepare team members for high levels of collegiate competition
- Support the academic and future occupational goals of each team member
- Model and foster appropriate sportsmanship, competitiveness, and humility
- Maintain various data bases and research data needed for scouting reports and recruiting.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of NCAA and conference regulations, and assist in the adherence to them.
- Identify outstanding student-athlete candidates for Edgewood College and the Program.
- Develop relationships with recruited student-athletes and parents/guardians.
- Develop relationships with high school/club coaches, teachers, alumni, and others that can aid in the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Work closely with the Admissions Office on all recruiting activities.
- Help with travel arrangements, purchasing apparel/equipment, and other needs for the program.
- Other duties as assigned
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Demonstrated experience in collegiate, high school or, club coaching.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- General understanding of NCAA III rules
- Ability to relate to a diverse population
- Understanding of and ability to support the Edgewood College Mission and Values
- Valid Driver’s License and outstanding driving record
Required Technical Skills
- Comfortable with Office 365 platform
- Deomonstrated comfort with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ADPA
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer