COVID-19 Case Manager
Description of Job
The COVID-19 Case Manager position will work closely with campus partners to manage COVID-19 case investigation, coordination, and notification involved with potential and positive cases for Edgewood College students, faculty, and staff. This includes answering general questions, contact tracing, managing quarantine, providing testing location information and communication with local health authorities. This position will work to reach all cases and contacts within 24-48 hours of notification to College personnel. The COVID-19 Contact Tracer and Case Manager must follow established protocols when carrying out their duties, and have flexibility for protocol change. The position will coordinate testing for contacts to be tested when appropriate.
This position is temporary, to be contracted for a minimum of one year, and is not a remote-work position.
- Manages all positive cases/suspected cases response which includes outreach to the local health authorities and work with offices on campus.
- Continually communicate with students who have or may have COVID-19 to provide initial and follow-up instructions related to class attendance, and isolation or quarantine.
- Work directly with Human Resources to manage all isolation and quarantine protocol for faculty and staff
- Responsible for the coordination and management of all contact tracing efforts for the College
Quarantine and Isolation Housing Management
- Correspond directly with the Dean of Students Office, Residence Life Office and food service to initiate arrangements for students who need to isolate or quarantine on campus
- Deliver meals and other supplies as needed for students in isolation or quarantine spaces, arrange for purchases as necessary
- Coordinate with facilities staff to manage the turnover of rooms, including key managing and cleaning
- Reports to and assists Vice President for Student Development, providing regular reports and updates including advice and guidance on trending data and state and federal updates
- Provide regular reports to Human Resources and other offices on campus on ongoing case management, including daily case counts
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- College Degree or equivalent
- Previous Work experience in a student affairs setting in higher education strongly preferred
- Related work experience that includes strong organizational skills and detail oriented with superior verbal and written skills; experience in a higher education or medical/healthcare administration setting is preferred
- Work in a student affairs setting in higher education strongly preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Possess strong experience with customer service, planning, time management, presentations, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skill
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty in a professional and empathetic manner
- Ability to thrive in a busy, high intensity environment, interspersed with periods of down-time
- Familiar with COVID-19 policies and practices and FERPA guidelines for Higher Ed, contract tracing experience or training preferred
- Ability to navigate a data management system, experience with Maxient software preferred
- Commitment to working with a diverse and inclusive community
- Willingness and availability to work nights and weekends
- Strong computer experience including proficiency with MS office, MS word, e-mail, and web programs
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - CCMG
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer