Director of Graduate Admissions and Operations
Description of Job
The Director of Graduate Admissions and Operations serves as the day-to-day leader of the Graduate Admissions and Operations staff in their efforts to recruit, attract and admit graduate and doctoral students. This individual will uphold the image of the College through the use of ethical recruitment practices. The Director of Graduate Admissions and Operations will oversee the work of the team as they work to meet the College's graduate student enrollment goals.
- Oversee development and implementation of procedures necessary for the efficient and effective operations of the Graduate Admissions and Operations staff. This may include establishing admissions procedures, reviewing files, informing others in office of procedures, and contacting students. Provide leadership and direction for the Graduate Admissions team.
- Serve as part of the leadership team of the Enrollment Management division and assist in overall enrollment planning and decision making for the whole campus community.
- Partner with Graduate program leads to ensure our programs meet the needs of our prospective students and develop and implement program specific marketing and recruitment plans. Collaborate with marketing to ensure high quality implementation. Evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing and recruitment plans and implement improvements annually.
- Coordinate work between the Graduate Admissions and Operations staff and other academic administrative offices (advising, registrar, and financial aid).
- Supervise the Graduate Admissions and Operations staff, including hiring, training, and leading staff on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate with members of the Enrollment Leadership Team (Director of Enrollment Marketing, Director of Graduate Admissions and Operations, Director of Freshman Admissions, Director of Transfer/Adult Admissions and Vice-President for Enrollment Management) to determine enrollment goals and recruitment plans for graduate programs.
- Manage workload and recruitment territories for the Graduate Admissions team.
- Develop policies and practices that affect graduate student recruitment and enrollment efforts - including but not limited to: deadline management, scholarship practices, and corporate partnership agreements.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President for Enrollment Management.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience in Admissions and Enrollment Management.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute as a member of the enrollment management team.
- Self-directed in developing and completing projects, recruitment plans, etc.
- Evidence of the ability to work successfully with college and university administrators and high school personnel is required.
- Ability to work fluctuating and irregular hours including nights and weekend.
- Must be comfortable traveling 20% of the time during peak travel seasons.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and be able to drive a College-owned vehicle for high school visits and college fairs. The incumbent must successfully complete a Motor Vehicle Check.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak in public to large and small groups.
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge and experience with Jenzabar Client Management System, InfoMaker, and Feith Document Database or similar student information systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - DGAO
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer