Graduate Assistant Coach- Softball
Description of Job
Edgewood College seeks qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant serving as one of three assistants for the Softball program. This is a twelve-month position with a full tuition waiver (18 credit hours per year) and small stipend.
- Investment in lives and growth of student-athletes
- Assisting head coach in all phases of student-athlete mentoring and evaluation
- Practice Planning for catchers and other positions
- Ability to participate in practice and drills
- Ability to oversee team lifts
- Instruction and assistance with camps
- Enhancement of our social media and fundraising efforts
- Game day meal planning and organization
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
The qualified candidate must be admitted to the graduate program at Edgewood College before they will be considered.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Candidates should also have a strong undergraduate academic record, collegiate playing experience, advanced skill and/or teaching/coaching experience, and a desire to grow the game of softball.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Applicants should be in a position to start effective August 16, 2021.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –GACS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer