Systems and Network Administrator 1
Description of Job
- Provide operational support for network infrastructure and associated applications for Edgewood College.
- Execute required processes to provide high-quality support and maintenance for servers, networking infrastructure, and software technologies at Edgewood College.
- Provide consultations and trainings for ITSO Staff and Edgewood College community as requested.
- Maintain data security and software licensing compliance.
- Ability to work some flexible hours to accommodate varying workload and on call scheduling.
- Assist in the development of standards for technologies used by the College.
- Assist in design and implementation of projects where IT and Facilities Management cross, including UPS, power, and HVAC systems in support of technology systems.
- Maintain working knowledge of the college’s business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Assist with the overall activities and office work of the Information Technology Services Office as required.
- Collaborate with teammates and across functional groups to provide best service and support to the college.
- Actively pursue professional development in partnership with the institution.
- Other duties as requested by the Director of Information Technology
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Two-year degree in Information Technology Systems (four-year preferred), or related professional experience.
- Experience working in an academic environment with a reasonable understanding of the required informational process flows preferred.
- Three years’ experience in applied information technology operations and systems support.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Preferred experience with current core technologies in use at Edgewood College:
- Routing and switching protocols and ability to apply this knowledge in production.
- Demonstrable ability managing storage area networks (SANs)
- Virtualization technologies, (VMware preferred.)
- Current voice over IP, (VoIP), Unified Messaging and Cellular communications technologies.
- Microsoft Server management including Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, IIS, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and other roles and feature sets.
- Microsoft Office 365 management including Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, and others in the application stack.
- Demonstrable ability integrating Microsoft clients within a Microsoft Server infrastructure.
- Demonstrable ability integrating Apple clients within a Microsoft Server infrastructure.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to manage time and leverage resources to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn independently and grow in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to process confidential information in a professional manner.
Required Technical Skills
- Database management (Microsoft SQL preferred).
- Physical security systems such as card access (Touchnet) or video security (Genetec).
- Cisco device management including routers, switches, and wireless technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL or other ITSM.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – SYNA
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer