Volunteer Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach
Description of Job
- Provide superior instruction, evaluation and performance feedback to all players
- Assist the Head Coach in delivering in person preseason and post season player evaluations
- Assist the Head Coach in organizing and producing effective and efficient practice plans
- Collect, analyze and interpret tactical and statistical data to help produce scouting reports
- Model and foster appropriate sportsmanship, competitiveness, and humility
- Assist the technical coordinator with setup, organization & execution of technology during practice, film sessions & match play.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of NCAA and conference regulations, and assist in the adherence to them.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Minimum 1-3 years demonstrated experience in a competitive high school or club coaching program required; Prior collegiate coaching experience preferred (and/or a combination of coaching & competitive playing experience).
- Possess a general understanding of the recruiting rules & process within the NCAA DIII
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well & relate to student athletes
- Must possess adequate technical & tactical soccer knowledge
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Commitment and Understanding of and ability to support the Edgewood College Mission and Values
- Required to complete a background and DMV check satisfactory to Edgewood College prior to employment
Required Technical Skills
- Proficient with MS Office 365 platform
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –VAMS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
E-mail: email@example.comEqual Opportunity Employer