Endpoint Management Specialist
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Performs and implements assignments that impact important /complicated components/processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Responsible for engineering of PC, MAC, Point of Sale register, and tablet images, configurations, and management scripts and systems to maintain PC/MAC fleet; certifies endpoint hardware and peripherals for classroom and office environments.
Work is received in short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings and regularly require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of approved methods.
- Actively participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components / processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improvement of operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents, and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the ITSO team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Associate's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for training purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience identifying operational issues, recommending, and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Image development
- Experience managing client patching and software distribution using IBM BigFix or Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience managing security profiles and antivirus software on Endpoint devices
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Experience with Windows 7/8/10
- Experience with device driver engineering
- Familiarity with Mac OSX scripting and imaging
- Experience with ITIL, COBIT, or other IT governance frameworks
- Experience with GPOs
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – EPMS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer