DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College School of Business (ECSB) invites applications for one full-time, non-tenure track faculty position in the Department of Finance at the Lecturer level beginning in Fall 2019. Faculty will teach full time in the Adult College Completion, undergraduate, and/or graduate finance programs. Edgewood College and the School of Business are interested in professionally qualified (PQ) or academically qualified (AQ) candidates who will make significant contributions in the areas of teaching, research, service, and mentorship.
- Teach full-time within the School of Business (24 credit hours per academic year) while demonstrating excellence, innovation, rigor, and fairness in teaching.
- Mentor current and new Finance majors as needed in coordination with advising staff.
- Faculty Recruitment
- Provide support in future search processes for vacant full-time faculty positions.
- Advise the School of Business Dean on qualified candidates for teaching finance courses, including adjunct instructor positions.
- Assist with orienting, evaluating, managing and communicating with full-time and adjunct finance faculty.
- Provide support in designing and developing appropriate and relevant finance curriculum (undergraduate, graduate, and Adult College Completion) and annually review the curriculum for improvement opportunities.
- Assist in developing online and hybrid courses in the undergraduate and graduate, and Adult College Completion Finance programs.
- Assess student learning objectives, goals, and outcomes for undergraduate, graduate, and Adult College Completion finance courses taught in consultation with the School of Business’ Assessment Coordinator.
- Assist the School of Business Dean’s Office in scheduling classes, timetable generation, and catalogue revisions to reflect the goals of the finance department.
- Advise the Internship Coordinator on the needs and requirements of finance students.
- Serve on Department, School, and College level committees as needed.
- Participate in Edgewood College events, committees, and activities as time permits to demonstrate the School of Business’ engagement in the College.
- Engage in the greater Madison community through public service, which may include student learning projects with for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrate service leadership to the academy in the finance discipline (i.e., academic journal reviewer, editorial board member, or editor; academic conference proceedings reviewer, discussant, session chair, track chair, or chair; etc.).
- Encouraged to maintain an active research agenda within the academic finance discipline or in a closely related business discipline.
- Encouraged to publish quality research articles in peer-reviewed academic journals, practitioner journals, and academic conference proceedings in the finance discipline or a closely related business discipline.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- A Masters degree in Finance from an AACSB accredited university with a qualified professional certification or licensure such as a CFA, CMA, CGMA or CPA is required. Significant relevant work experience outside of academia is highly desirable.
- A Ph.D. in Finance from an AACSB accredited university is preferred. ABD status doctoral candidates will be considered.
- Experience teaching finance courses is required.
- Demonstrate the potential to produce or have recently produced scholarly publications in peer reviewed academic journals.
- Embraces student centricity, diversity, and inclusion at a leading Catholic teaching institution.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent writing, communication, and Microsoft Office skills. Knowledge of SharePoint and Blackboard are pluses.
- Ability to multitask, exercise independent judgment, and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Exhibits professionalism, integrity, and ethics at all times.
- Willingness to promote the School of Business to prospective students and to the Greater Madison community.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Applications much contain:
- A recent curriculum vita/resume.
- A substantive cover letter that addresses how the candidate’s experiences match the job position’s responsibilities, required qualifications, and desired qualifications.
- Three professional references with contact information.
The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, all application materials should be provided to the Human Resources Office by Friday, May 17, 2019. Failure to submit all requested documents/information shall deem an application to be incomplete and will not be considered. Send your completed application packet to:
Human Resources –FNLC
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer