Graduate Assistant - Women's Coach
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College seeks qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant serving as one of three assistants for the Women’s Basketball program. This is a ten-month position with a full tuition waiver (18 credit hours per year) and meal stipend.
- Game Preparation
- Ability to participate in practice and drills
- Individual workouts with players
- Instruction and assistance with two of summer basketball camp
- Game film study and preparation
- Game day meal planning and organization
- Investment in lives and growth of student-athletes
- Assisting head coach in all phases of student-athlete mentoring and evaluation
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
The qualified candidate must be admitted to the graduate program at Edgewood College before they will be considered.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Candidates should also have a strong undergraduate academic record, collegiate playing experience, and advanced skill and/or teaching/coaching experience.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – GWBC
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer