Head Men's Volleyball Coach
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics. The position is responsible for the direct oversight of the NCAA Division III Men’s Volleyball Program and will include other duties within the department.
Athletics plays an important role in the life of the campus, including but, not limited to the following: enhancing the learning experience for student-athletes, creating opportunities for uniting the campus community, publicly demonstrating the College’s values and mission, and contributing to the achievement of the College’s enrollment goals. The position will be responsible for short and long term Volleyball Program planning that supports the College’s Mission and Vision, and strictly adherences to NCAA, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference and institutional rules.
- Assist each team member in reaching his athletic potential, in a manner consistent with the College’s Values.
- Develop a strong sense of team within the Volleyball Team, the Department and the College.
- Organize productive practice sessions
- Prepare team members for high levels of collegiate competition
- Support the academic and future occupational goals of each team member
- Model and foster appropriate sportsmanship, competitiveness, and humility
- Qualify for the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament
- Direct supervision of assistant coaches, student manager, student assistants, and team personnel for Volleyball.
- Allocate, oversee, and modify (as needed) the Volleyball team’s budgets, including operating and booster budgets.
- Fundraise yearly, a minimum of 10% equivalent of program operating budget.
- Increase booster budget funds in conjunction with Development Office guidelines.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of NCAA and conference regulations, educate all members of the Volleyball Team, volleyball coaching staff, and volleyball boosters, alumni, parents on those rules and regulations, and oversee adherence to them.
- Develop and foster community relationships that benefit the Volleyball Program, The Department and College
- Facilitate Volleyball Team involvement that is beneficial to community organizations and individuals
- Expand the Volleyball Teams’ supporters, boosters and “ownership” groups
- Facilitate and encourage campus and community involvement by Volleyball Team members
- Complete one (1) Community Service Project with Team
- Participate in one (1) Athletic Department Community Service Project
Other Department Duties
- Duties will be defined per knowledge and skills of the ideal candidate
- Attend all Athletic Department staff meetings
- Attend all Divisional meetings
- Participate in Athletic Department’s annual Golf Outing
- Serve as Event Manager for Athletic home contests outside your sport
- Other duties as assigned
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a high school head coach or 3 years’ experience as a collegiate coach.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- General understanding of NCAA III rules
- Ability to relate to a diverse population
- Understanding of and ability to support the Edgewood College Mission and Values
- Valid Driver’s License and outstanding driving record
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Proficiency with scouting software (i.e. HUDL, KROSSOVER, etc.)
- Comfortable with Office 365 platform
- Demonstrated comfort with social media (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
Demonstrates multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways The incumbent is expected to support the Mission of The College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values – truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – HMVC
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer