Human Resources/Accounts Payable Specialist
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
The HR/AP Specialist provides support to several functions within the Business & Finance Division and includes: Recruitment/Employment, Benefits Administration, Accounts Payable, and special projects or annual activities such as open enrollment, salary administration, and tax reporting.
- Support faculty, staff, and student employment function as assigned by the HR Specialist/Employment
- Activities associated with recruitment and orientation of faculty and staff
- Student employees employed in Human Resources:
- Initial hiring/orientation process including training on timekeeping system
- Train students in HR Office Reception responsibilities; answer phones, process resumes, prepare and send communications to applicants throughout recruitment process.
- Perform HR Office Reception when students are not present
- College-wide Student Employment Program
- Process position descriptions, post jobs, and provide communications and orientation to student employees and supervisors
- Work with Edgewood Central and Business Office to process students’ employment paperwork.
- Process E-Verify and third-party background screening for new hires
- Process verifications from state and local agencies (unemployment, food shares), housing and employment
- Support benefits administration as assigned by the HR Specialist/Benefits
- Activities associated with daily benefits administration and Annual Enrollment Period (e.g., on-line enrollment and coverage changes, update deductions in business system, and acknowledge enrollments)
- Process benefit invoices (e.g., reconcile monthly billings, resolve discrepancies, and request and send payments to vendors; file/scan to folders)
- Assist with candidate and new employee benefit orientation processes (e.g., maintain inventory of orientation materials, review benefit program with candidates/new employees, and answer general benefit-related questions, etc.)
- Assist in COBRA administration (e.g., prepare COBRA Notices and Elections Forms and maintain associated records)
- Support Business Office
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Verify invoices, check requests, and travel reimbursements follow college policies and procedures.
- Data entry of invoices and vendor information
- Process weekly accounts payable checks and match to invoices
- Monitor outstanding vendor payments
- Assist faculty and staff with questions concerning outstanding invoices, payments issued and budget charges
- Provide recommendations for improvements in accounts payable policy and procedures and in usage of administrative software system
- Respond to vendor inquiries, referring more complex items to staff accountant as appropriate
- Maintain accounts payable records and files
- Scan, index and approve invoices & W9s in Feith document storage system
- Review monthly credit card statements for appropriate documentation and approval
- Review all accounts payable entry for 1099 Misc reporting
- Oversee student worker functions as it relates to filing of accounts payable
- Support HR Director/Employee Relations
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of Title IX training
- Assist in the revision of policies and handbook documentation
- Participate in HR projects as assigned
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education desired and/or Human Resources function.
- General office/administrative experience 1-3 years.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and basic computer concepts.
- Multicultural Competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software, including report writing capability (Infomaker)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Overall Proficient skill with Jenzabar EX database preferred
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Understanding of Edgewood Express preferred
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values – truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Candidates must submit a full application by May 1 for first consideration.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – HRAP
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer