Lead Sales Associate
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College is seeking a part-time Lead Sales Associate. Under the supervision and direction of the Manager of the Edgewood College Bookstore, the Lead Sales Associate will be responsible for customer service, supervising student workers, ordering/receiving, maintaining the bookstore website, and processing online sales. The usual hours for this position are Monday-Thursday, 12:30-5:15, and Friday 12:45-4:45, as well as an occasional night and one Saturday in August for Freshmen Move-In.
- Customer Service—maintain a clean and inviting environment for customers, greet and assist customers, process refunds and exchanges, download and process website orders, assist with clothing and insignia ordering, perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
- Inventory—maintain inventory of supplies and clothing, and end of year inventory.
- Marketing—coordinate and operate sales, promote specials via Facebook and Twitter, maintain the bookstore website with pictures and descriptions of products.
- Select, train and supervise student
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- College degree preferred
- 2-3 years of retail experience
- Experience working with inventory and sales promotions
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to multitask and work in fast paced environment
Required Technology Skills:
- Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and basic computer concepts
- Booklog experience a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn new software
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values – truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – LSLA
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer