Lecturer – Computing and Information Sciences
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Computing & Information Sciences (CIS) Department in the School of Arts & Sciences at Edgewood College invites applications for a full-time Lecturer position. This is a one-year faculty position for the 2019-20 academic year, with the possibility of renewal. An opportunity may exist for a Visiting Professor appointment at a rank commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion.
The individual appointed to this position will teach undergraduate level courses in a traditional, semester-based format and/or in Edgewood College’s returning adult degree completion and professional development programs. Faculty in CIS, including Lecturers, also mentor student research, and engage in service to the Department and the College. CIS faculty members are expected to contribute to the growth of the computing and information sciences program through appropriate service activities in community outreach, industrial interaction, and academic governance. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
Education or Work Experience:
- Master’s degree is required; an earned doctorate in Computer Science, or Computer Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience preferred
- Evidence of high-quality teaching in a college or university setting, including innovative use of technology in education
The following qualifications are required for the position: teaching ability and interest in teaching at the undergraduate level, including supervision of student projects and development of curricula; experience in the development of theory or methods for systems development, and/or software engineering including acquisition, processing, and application of relevant technologies; demonstrated success in the development of web enabled, object oriented systems, employing project management standards and Agile Frameworks.
Industry and/or academic experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Network Management and Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Systems analysis, design and implementation (with experience using OOAD, UML, and Agile SD practices)
- Software engineering.
- Web development with database backend. Mobile Development.
- Project management (with experience using PMI standards and Agile Frameworks)
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
A completed application will consist of:
- a letter of application that describes the candidate’s teaching and research experience and interests, and that addresses the duties and qualifications articulated in the position description;
- a curriculum vitae;
- the names, titles, and contact information of 3-5 references who can speak to the candidate’s potential for success in this position;
- a transcript showing highest degree earned (an official transcript will be required of finalists)
The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received no later than March 8, 2019.
To apply: Send completed application materials to:
Human Resources – LCIS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer