Major Gifts Officer
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain development experience as Edgewood College grows their office of institutional advancement. The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) will participate as a team member within the office, reporting to the Director of Major & Planned Gifts. It is expected each MGO will manage a portfolio of qualified major gift prospects by building relationships from prospect identification through meaningful and timely cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Domestic travel will be necessary to support personal, face-to-face visits with prospects and benefactors. Evenings and weekends will be involved.
- Meet explicit performance objectives around personal face-to-face visits, solicitations, and outreach.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects including identification, qualification, cultivation and solicitation of major outright and planned gifts and travel as needed in fulfillment of these duties.
- Coordinate cultivation activities and solicitations with other Edgewood College representatives, as appropriate, including the president, senior college staff, advancement professionals, key faculty, and volunteers.
- Maintain strategic cultivation plans for a focus group of assigned prospects who are scheduled for solicitation within the coming 12-18 month period. Plans will project gift amount, area of benefactor passion to support, as well as a step by step plan for cultivation with a cultivation schedule.
- Provide timely, written reports regarding the outcome of cultivation and solicitation actions in the form of contact reports, stage updates, and strategy statement updates and revisions within Raisers Edge NXT.
- Participate in the prospect tracking and management process in alignment with established procedures and protocols through reporting on results, calendar plans, documentation of strategies, and participation in prospect-focused meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Major & Planned Gifts.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree required. 1-2 years of fundraising experience preferred. Experience deemed equivalent and relevant will also be considered.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- A career history of commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while giving appropriate attention to detail.
- Proven ability to interact with varied constituencies in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with staff and volunteers.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Facility and proficiency with computer and development software (Raisers Edge NXT) preferred.
Demonstrates multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways The incumbent is expected to support the Mission of The College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values – truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – MAGO
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer