Pre-College Program Coordinator
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College is seeking a full-time, 11-month Program Coordinator of our precollege initiatives. Currently, we have a robust collection of Summer Science Camps and a well-established outreach program to market our programs to students and families. We are seeking to build on the existing programs to create new opportunities that include, and extend beyond the sciences. Working closely with partners across the College and in the community, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining existing initiatives and expanding into new areas. The Program Coordinator will develop the infrastructure needed to support coordination of pre-college programs at Edgewood; and facilitate longer-range strategic planning to develop new initiatives.
- Reports to Director of Science Outreach
Science Outreach Specialist
- Coordinate the ROSE (Resources and Opportunities in Science Education) Program. This includes working with existing community partners to develop programing to fit their needs, and identifying and building new relationships with community groups who share the program goals.
- Participating in funding requests and reporting.
- Design and conduct assessment of programs for both short-term and long-term program improvement.
- Take a leadership role during outreach programs and serve as a representative of Edgewood College at outreach functions and/or functions that promote Office of Science Outreach Programs.
- Collaborate with other initiatives within the Office of Science Outreach.
Precollege Program Developer
- Develop the infrastructure for all precollege programs at Edgewood College. This includes the development of shared policies and procedures, registration systems, health and emergency services, and all compliance guidelines and permissions.
- Establish a Precollege Education Network (PEN) at Edgewood College. This will require collaboration across the campus to strategically plan, identify opportunities for, and assess the impact of new programs. Convening an Advisory Board to brand and market programs under the Precollege Education Network umbrella will be in important part of this work.
- Develop and implement a College for Kids summer program at Edgewood. In collaboration with the Madison Metropolitan School District, area private schools, and other youth-serving organizations to serve an inclusive audience in the Dane County region.
- Seek and secure external funding sources to support precollege initiatives.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Master’s degree in relevant area preferred
- One to three years of work experience related to job responsibilities
- Experience working with diverse youth
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- High motivation, initiative, and strong sense of responsibility
- Experience managing programs and/or projects
- Experience cultivating community partnerships
- Multicultural competence and ability to work with individuals from diverse racial and ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a variety of individuals and offices across campus and in the community
- Excellent time management (planning, prioritizing, and multitasking) and organizational skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Grant-writing experience
- Experience working with precollege programs
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Review of applications will begin on August 6, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, a statement addressing past or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity, and/or service, and names/contact info for three references to:
Human Resources – PCPC2
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer