The Edgewood College Security Department seeks an individual to ensure the security and safety of all Edgewood College students, faculty, staff, guests and buildings, with particular emphasis on resident students. Security responsibilities extend to the entire Edgewood Campus, including the Campus School and High School. This is a part time position to cover weekends, holidays and over nights
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion.
• Patrol entire campus throughout shift and maintain visibility, ensure security of all buildings.
• Complete incident reports noting infractions of policies/rules and issue parking citations when required.
• Report needed maintenance issues (as they pertain to providing a safe campus) to the Campus Facilities Department
• Work with the Residence Life Staff to maintain a safe and secure campus.
• Respond to calls for assistance, fire alarms, emergency alarms,
• Provide facility lock-up or opening duties depending upon the shift assigned
• Provide escort service (for students) to/from parking lots and between buildings when requested.
• Report criminal acts to the Madison Police Department (burglary, theft, aggravated assault, etc.)
• High school diploma required and some college is preferred. Professional experience in the field of law enforcement, security or safety is preferred.
• Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and basic computer concepts
• Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
• Willingness and ability to learn new software
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
• The candidate must actively support the mission of the college by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
• The ability to work on your own.
• Good critical thinking skill set
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – SEFO
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer