Video and Multimedia Creator
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Video and Multimedia Creator is a creative professional position that takes a lead role in conceptualizing, creating and producing video and multimedia marketing content that tell stories across a variety of platforms including social media, YouTube and the college website. This position demonstrates a high level of creative talent and expertise in all aspects of videography and photography, including planning, concept and message development, shooting, editing, post-production and asset management. This position requires a strong knowledge of the critical aspects of video and multimedia design and production and a deep understanding of how to use those techniques to create collateral that motivates and inspires diverse audiences.
The Video and Multimedia Creator is a member of the College’s in-house five-person marketing and communications team. This position is a full-time, permanent, salaried member of the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications and reports to the Executive Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications.
- Develop concepts and storyboards for video and other multi-media projects designed to achieve the College’s strategic marketing, recruiting, fundraising and image building goals.
- Produce and shoot original video and other creative content for use across multiple communications channels and projects. Includes acting as producer/director/videographer in the field and editing and completing post production work. Employ non-linear editing and motion graphics software to create compelling visual stories that convey vision and identity of the College. Assume responsibility and oversight for the production cycle, from brainstorming and storyboarding to field production and all aspects of post-production, including audio, music, visual effects, graphics, and video. Remain informed about industry trends, standards and innovations that support and enhance the creative video process and product.
- Publish original content, and engage users on College social media channels. Manage social media on assigned channel(s) and consistently update content on assigned channel(s). Engage in dialogue, monitor, and respond to social media interactions on assigned channel(s). Follow social media/communications industry trends and recommend new strategies and tactics as appropriate. Work closely with Marketing & Strategic Communications team and Enrollment Management Division to develop broader social media skills and implement strategies. Participate in the revisions of the College’s social media plan. Track and report on analytics for assigned channel(s).
- Participate in project and web meetings and contribute to decision making about creative and effective ways to use video and multimedia marketing techniques to achieve stated goals.
- Oversee the cataloguing and maintenance of the department’s digital assets in a searchable database and coordinate and enhance the College’s video visibility on YouTube and other online video and photo sharing sites/mechanisms.
- Perform other duties and provide team support as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Television Production, Film, or related field required.
- Proven video production and editing skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills; knowledge of how to ‘tell a story;’ ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Creative approach to digital communications.
- One to three years’ experience in video, including field production and capture, and post-production. This includes audio, music, visual effects, graphics, and video. Requires demonstrated storytelling abilities, strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Updating social media platforms
- Writing, editing and proofreading
- Understanding and awareness of specific target audiences, and understanding of appropriate platform and content for each
- Project Management
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Proficiency with pre- and post-production photo, audio, and video editing procedures, techniques and standards. Must be proficient in web and social media posting.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and After Effects. Experience with both PC and Apple platforms.
- Flexible schedule that permits occasional evening and weekend hours.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – VAMC
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer