Post Baccalaureate Accounting
Attend a Virtual Open House
Looking to make a transition to an accounting career? You’re not alone! Because it offers competitive salaries and predictable credentials, accounting is a great field for career-changers.
Our program is designed for anyone with a baccalaureate degree who wishes to complete the coursework for a second degree in accounting. It also allows for easy transition into our Master of Science in Accounting program.
Our flexible, evening classes are designed for working adults, so you can fit in classes without quitting your job.
- Average time to completion is 18 months for a full-time student
- Flexible evening courses
- Excellent job outlook with great earning potential
- Seamless transition into the Master’s in Accounting program
- Personalized career coaching from dedicated faculty
- Because this is a bachelor's degree program, it is eligible for federal financial aid as well as a broadly available scholarship and grant funding
If you're seeking a career change or entrance into the accounting field, this is the program for you.
The employment outlook for those with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting is bright. The Madison area houses a large number of accounting-specific firms, and many large corporations support internal accounting departments.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics cites excellent employment opportunities with high mean wages for those with a degree in accounting. Accounting, Tax Preparation, Bookkeeping, and Payroll Services professionals all can earn as much as $40 per hour (or $83,700 per year), on average.
This program offers a higher earning potential and ease of both job attainment and transition into either CPA eligibility, or the Master's of Science in Accounting.
Because it’s a Bachelor's degree, you are eligible to obtain Federal Financial Aid. Also, it broadens the availability of scholarship and grant funding.
*This program is for students who already have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and are looking to earn another bachelor’s degree but in accounting.
Before being accepted into this program, the following required courses are expected to be completed from a previous bachelor’s degree.
Core Edgewood College courses to be completed
Cor 2 – Volunteer Income Tax I & II
Cor 3 – UAORG494
Accounting Courses to be Completed
Intermediate Accounting I
Intermediate Accounting II
Income Tax Accounting I
Income Tax Accounting II
Business Courses to be Completed
Managing Information and Technology
A Business or Accounting Elective
Tuition and Financial Aid
Edgewood College is committed to making a life-changing education more affordable and accessible to more people than ever before.
Tuition for the Post-Baccalaureate Accounting program for the 2020-21 year (beginning Summer 2020) is $994 per credit for 11 or fewer credits per term. The total cost of completing your degree will depend on any transfer credits you may have from other institutions and how many credits you take per term.
Our admissions counselors would be happy to meet with you to create a personalized degree completion plan that would include an estimate of your total cost.
- A completed application.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Official transcripts. Please request that official transcripts for all undergraduate academic credits earned be sent to: Edgewood College, Attn: GPS Admissions, 1000 Edgewood College Dr, Madison, WI 53711 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
International students may have additional admission requirements. Learn more