Business/Computer Information Systems
The Business/Computer Information Systems degree is a comprehensive degree that requires completion of both CIS and Business courses. The degree offers a unique combination of computing skills and a background in business that will give you an advantage in competing for positions in a competitive job market.
- Program Highlights
- Finish your degree fast in our accelerated format. New courses start every 8 weeks. Classes meet only one night a week.
- All classes are held at our Deming Way Campus, conveniently located on Madison's West Side.
- You can start and stop at your convenience, selecting the best time of year to complete your studies.
- You will work closely with caring and committed advisors who act as your personal advocates from admissions to graduation.
- Faculty members are recognized for their ability to create classroom environments that mirror professional work settings. Our students call our classes challenging, inspiring, and - most of all - interactive. The skills you'll learn can immediately be put to use in your current profession.
- Financial aid and transfer credits are available and our counselors will assist you in finding all the benefits you are eligible for.
- Earn a valuable degree from a respected, local institution.
- Edgewood College has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best National University,” among “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes, and a “Best in the Midwest College” by Princeton Review.
- Our cost-per-credit is less than many other area institutions.
- Degree Requirements
The Business/Computer Information Systems degree is a comprehensive degree that requires completion of both CIS and Business courses. In addition to the General Education requirements, an Adult Accelerated student completing the BUS/CIS degree would complete the following requirements.
RCS 108 Network Fundamentals 4 cr.
RCS 117 Introduction to Programming 4 cr.
RCS 208 Introduction to Project Management* 2 cr.
RCS 217 Introduction to Object Oriented Programming* 4 cr.
RCS 227 Introduction to Databases 4 cr.
RCS 228 Introduction to Professional Communication and
Presentation 2 cr.
RCS 307 Object Oriented Systems Analysis & Design* 4 cr.
RCS 308 Project Management Tools* 2 cr.
RCS 317 Advanced Object Oriented Programming* 4 cr.
RCS 327 Web Development* 4 cr.
RCS 337 Database & OO System Implementation* 4 cr.
RCS 407 Network Security* 2 cr.
RCS 408 Network Management* 2 cr.
RCS 417 Advanced Web Development* 4 cr.
RCS 497 Information Systems Project* 4 cr.
*course has prerequisites
RBUS 211 Financial Accounting 4 cr.
RBUS 212 Managerial Accounting* 4 cr.
RBUS 311 Marketing Principles* 4 cr.
RBUS 312 Management Concepts* 4 cr.
RBUS 313 Corporate Finance* 4 cr.
RBUS 314 Business Law* 4 cr.
RBUS 315 Operations Management* 4 cr.
RCS 157 Computers in the Workplace 4 cr.
RECON 163 Microeconomics 4 cr.
RECON 164 Principles of Macroeconomics 4 cr.
RMATH 123/124 Mathematical Models in Business I/II* 2/2 cr.
RMATH 125/RMATH 126 Statistics and Its Applications I/II* 2/2 cr.
*course has prerequisites
Our advisors will be happy to set up a personal consultation with you to review your educational background and create a degree completion plan designed just for you. Please contact Marissa Guenzi with your questions or to set up an appointment: 608-663-4177 or email@example.com
- Credit for Prior Learning
At Edgewood College, we recognize that not all learning takes place within a classroom. Our Credit for Prior Learning Program is designed to help you earn credit for knowledge and skills learned through life and work experience. If you qualify, you’ll have a head start in completing your degree even faster.
There are two ways to obtain credit:
- Take and pass CLEP or DSST Examinations. These are nationally standardized exams that allow students to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material.
- Prepare a Portfolio under the direction of the College’s Coordinator of Credit for Prior Learning Program that shows you have met the learning outcomes required for a general education course.
Our advisors can answer any questions you might have about the Credit for Prior Learning program. Please contact Marissa Guenzi or for more detailed information about the program at Edgewood College, please follow this link.
- Tuition and Financial Aid
Completing your college degree will increase your marketability and earning potential in today's highly competitive job market.
Adult Accelerated Program tuition for the 2017-18 school year is $500 per credit. The total cost of completing your Business/CIS degree will depend on any transfer credits you may have from other institutions. Our admissions counselors would be happy to meet with you to create a personalized degree completion plan that would include an estimate of your total cost. We can also provide information about potential financial aid and share creative ideas that other students have used to finance their education.
Don’t think you can do it? Edgewood College thinks you can!
- Admission Requirements
- A minimum age of 22 prior to the start of classes in term of enrollment. Waivers for students less than 22 years of age considered on an individual basis.
- Two years full-time work experience or equivalent.
- GPA: First time students must have earned a high school diploma with a GPA of 2.5 or a GED score of 278. Transfer students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in at least 12 academic credits from an accredited college.
- Personal laptop computer needed with the following configurations:
- Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Minimum 512m of memory
- Minimum 40g hard drive
- Wireless Networking 802.11b or higher required
- Edgewood College participates in the Dell Education Discount Program
5. A completed application. ($30 application fee)
6. Official transcripts. Please request that official transcripts for all high school and undergraduate academic credits earned be sent to: Edgewood College, Attn: Admission Manager, 1255 Deming Way, Madison, WI 53717
International students may have additional admission requirements. Learn more.
The dates shown below are days that classes are actually in session. There will be assignments given in the week prior to the start of each term that will be due on the first day classes are held.
2017 - 2018
Term A: August 21, 2017 - October 9, 2017
Term B: October 16, 2017 - December 7, 2017
Term C: January 8, 2018 - February 26, 2018
Term D: March 5, 2018 - April 23, 2018
Term E: April 30, 2018 - June 18, 2018
Term F: June 25, 2018 - August 6, 2018
Admissions materials are due 2 weeks prior to the term in which you begin to attend classes. For example, admissions materials for Term A, 2017, are due August 7.