Master of Business Administration
Apply by October 1 and take courses as early as October 11, 2021. Contact us to waive the application fee.
Newly designed, affordable, and flexible program!
Whether you're building your career in finance, marketing, human resources, or ultimately pursuing a CEO position, Edgewood College's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program gives you the critical learning experiences you will need. Our rigorous curriculum gives you the breadth to think broadly about all functional areas of business and the depth to have a competitive advantage in your chosen area of expertise: financial, customer, business process or learning and growth.
Our Master of Business Administration program enables you to network with individuals from some of the top companies in the area. Our graduates hold critical leadership positions in many of Madison and Dane County's top companies, including CUNA Mutual Group, the UW Hospital System, American Family Insurance, TDS, John Deere Financial, and many others. Get your degree from a college with a proven record of producing ethical, innovative business leaders for Wisconsin.
MBA On-Demand Info Session
Want to learn more? View our webinar to learn more about the Master of Business Administration.
Our program is flexible and convenient:
4 medallion areas (areas of emphasis): Accounting, Org Leadership & Change, Healthcare, Cross-Functional
Classes taught both face-to-face in the evening, and online
On campus courses typically meet only once a week
Many courses offered in an accelerated format beginning every 8 weeks
Small class sizes in a highly interactive and personal classroom setting
Flexible time to degree completion
Excellent networking and internship opportunities
GMAT not required with GPA above 2.5
New reduced tuition
The Master of Business Administration program has been carefully designed to give you a solid background in the mechanics of business with a special emphasis on ethical leadership, entrepreneurship, and sustainability. The curriculum is challenging, rigorous, and relevant. You will graduate with a competitive advantage in today's challenging business environment.
The Master of Business Administration curriculum is structured around the four perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard Framework - Financial, Customer, Process and Employee. You'll complete core courses in each perspective area to gain the breadth to think comprehensively about effective businesses. And you will also choose three elective courses to gain depth and hone skills in an area of specialization. An integrated capstone experience will enrich your degree with a cumulative, meaningful, practical project.
Our Master of Business Administration faculty and students are part of the fabric of the community. Faculty includes both academic experts and local business leaders with proven records of success in their fields.
The Master of Business Administration program has been carefully designed to give you a solid background in the mechanics of business and business ethics. Integrated throughout the courses are topics related to change and innovation, international business, quality, information technology and social responsibility. You will graduate from the program with a competitive advantage in today's challenging business environment.
Foundation courses are the skill and experience-broadening courses upon which the remaining curriculum is built. They include coursework in accounting, mathematics, and economics. One or more of these one-credit online modules may be waived based on your previous academic experience. These courses should be taken as early as possible in the program.
- Finite Math
Degree and Program Requirements
Master of Business Administration coursework is separated into the two categories described below. Students must complete a total of 30 graduate credits to receive the degree.
1. Core courses (7 courses) -
This group of seven courses serves as the core of the MBA program, developing substantive background and abilities in the functional areas of business.
- BUS 602 Accounting for Managers
- BUS 603 Organizational Development/Behavior
- BUS 604 Operations Management
- BUS 606 Strategic Marketing
- BUS 607 Corporate Finance
- BUS 609 MBA Strategic Management
- BUS 618 Managing Information and Technology
2. Elective Courses
Students can elect to complete three (3) elective courses in one of four medallion areas (areas of emphasis) or complete any 3 elective courses across multiple medallion areas for a more general MBA degree.
- BUS 703 Intermediate Accounting I
- BUS 705 Cost Accounting I
- BUS 723 Business Law II
Organizational Leadership and Change Medallion
- ORG 615 Organizational Leadership
- ORG 620 Individual and Team Interventions
- ORG 630 Organizational Change
- BUS 775 Managerial Health Economics
- BUS 788 Health Insurance Principles
- BUS 789 Healthcare Quality
- BUS 605 Statistics for Managers
- ORG 620 Individual and Team Interventions
- BUS 762 Quality as a Business Strategy
Tuition and Financial Aid
Attending graduate school is one of the best investments you will ever make in yourself and your future. While the benefits to personal growth are priceless, our program can expand your career options and enhance your earning power in the marketplace. When considering the total cost of your education, be sure to consider the lasting positive impact it will have on your personal and professional future.
Graduate tuition for the 2021-2022 year is $764 per credit (effective Summer 2021).
Estimated costs assume you have satisfied all foundation requirements before enrolling in the program. If foundation courses are required, that will increase the total cost of the program and delay completion. Please contact an admissions counselor for more details.
We have worked with thousands of students who have questioned how they could afford to complete their graduate education. Our dedicated counselors will work with you to find creative solutions including tuition reimbursement plans, third party billing options, monthly payment plans, and help you navigate the federal financial aid process. Whatever your situation, we will work with you to support your future.
For more information, please contact Edgewood Central at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (608) 663-4300.
We encourage students to submit their application and admissions materials by the priority deadlines. However, we will continue to accept applications on a continuous basis until the start of the session. Applications considered complete after the priority deadline can be considered for admission for the next session.
New students may start their program at five entry points throughout the year. Please note our priority deadlines:
- Spring Session I – January 1
- Spring Session II – March 1
- Summer Session – May 1
- Fall Session I – August 1
- Fall Session II – October I
To be considered for admission, applicants must provide the following:
- Completed graduate application. This application is for students who want to pursue a Master’s degree, certificate, or take courses as a non-degree seeking student. The graduate application fee is waived for graduates of Edgewood College and for veterans.
- Official transcripts reflecting completion of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. The cumulative grade point average is computed on the highest degree held at the time of application.
- Two letters of recommendation from college or university professors, supervisors, and/or professional colleagues who can speak to your potential for success. Please review our Letter of Recommendation Guidelines
- A written statement explaining what you hope to gain from your participation in the program, what you bring to the program, and how specific background experiences will aid in your success as a student.
- A detailed resume evidencing at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with a score of at least 430 or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) converted to a comparable GMAT score. For more information on the GMAT, including test preparation and registration,
please visit www.mba.com or call 1-800-717-4628. The GMAT is NOT required if the applicant meets one of the following criteria:
- A GPA of at least 2.5 overall or on the last 60 credits, OR
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science in Business from Edgewood College AND a GPA overall or on the last 60 credits of at least 2.5, OR
- Current, active military or former military personnel, or veteran, honorably discharged. Veterans are considered those who have served at least 180 days of active duty (not including training) or who have been injured and determined to have a disability before 180 days. (Does not include those who served the length of their term in the National Guard or Reserves without being activated at any time.)
Whether you're building your career in finance, marketing, human resources, or ultimately pursuing a CEO position, Edgewood College's Master of Business Administration program gives you the critical learning experiences you will need. Our rigorous curriculum gives you the breadth to think broadly about all functional areas of business and the depth to have a competitive advantage in your chosen area of expertise: financial, customer, business process or learning and growth.
Our students and graduates of the Master of Business Administration program hold critical leadership positions throughout Wisconsin and in some of the top companies in Madison, including CUNA Mutual Group, the UW Hospital System, American Family Insurance, TDS, John Deere Financial, and many others. Our alumni have found rewarding careers in all functional business areas. Sample careers include:
Edgewood College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The Master of Business Administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Higher Learning Commission
30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60602-2504
Phone: 312-263-0456 or 800-621-7440
KimSponemI chose Edgewood College for my MBA because of its educational reputation and community dedication. I knew I would get to know other students and professors who thought that ethics, community, and purpose were paramount to all programs offered. The classroom discussions and group work was engaging and thought provoking, bringing the book material to life in a real way. I found that I was able to apply just about every class I took in some way during my work day. I truly believe that applying what I was learning helped me advance in my career and my experience and knowledge that I gained makes me a better leader.Kim Sponem, MBA '09; President, Summit Credit Union