BS-Organizational Behavior and Leadership
The Organizational Behavior and Leadership program (OBL) is intended for professionals who want to contribute to their organization’s success by improving the well-being of its most important asset: its people. The program prepares you for responsible leadership and managerial roles in a variety of organizational settings. You'll develop the conceptual and problem-solving skills that an effective leader needs to identify how behaviors and attitudes can be improved through recruitment practices, training programs and implementation of feedback systems. Completing this program will equip you with the skills, knowledge and values needed to advance your career and thrive in complex organizational management teams.
The flexible format of the Edgewood College OBL program allows you to balance work, home and school.
- Our hybrid courses are just 8 weeks long, run year-round, and are a combination of face-to-face and online learning. This innovative and flexible format allows you to begin classes when you choose and are ideal for the working professional.
- Small class sizes ensure you receive individualized instruction and guidance.
- Undergraduate Certificates in Organizational Behavior and Leadership are available if you want to upgrade your leadership and management skills without committing to a full degree program.
- $87,000 median salary in 2017
- Projected growth is 5% or more over the next decade
Our graduates have taken their degrees and secured managerial and leadership roles in a variety of employment sectors, including health care, higher education, elementary and secondary education, banking, professional services, manufacturing, government, and non-profit.
Some graduates have pursued graduate study in such fields as human resources, organization development, industrial-organizational psychology, management, healthcare administration, business administration, information technology, and law.
Example careers include:
- Training and Development Manager (Median Salary: $108,250)
- Management Consultant (Median Salary: $82,450)
- Human Resources Manager (Median Salary: $110,120)
Courses in the Organizational Behavior and Leadership Program cover a number of topics including:
Champion Diversity in Organizations
This course examines the critical knowledge and skills that are needed to manage an increasingly diverse workforce. The impact of race, gender, ethnicity, culture, and other dimensions of a diverse workforce are examined.
Management and Leadership in Organizations
This course explores the structure and functions of formal organizations, the characteristics, dynamics, and processes. Organizational issues examined include conflict resolution, leadership roles and characteristics, and constructive use of power and authority.
For more information on individual classes and departments visit our full program catalog for Organizational Behavior and Leadership.
General Education Requirements
The liberal arts are the foundation of all our curricular offerings in the humanities, arts, sciences, and professional programs. In order to complete your Bachelor's degree, you must satisfy a variety of general education requirements, which can be found in our general education course catalog.
Our advisors will be happy to set up a personal consultation with you to review your educational background and create a degree completion plan designed just for you.
Credit for Prior Learning
Not all learning takes place in the classroom. Finish your degree with a head start by receiving credit for knowledge and skills learned through life and work experience.
- Take and pass CLEP or DSST Examinations. These are nationally standardized exams that allow students to demonstrate their mastery of introductory college-level material.
- Prepare a portfolio under the direction of the College’s Coordinator of Credit for Prior Learning Program that shows you have met the learning outcomes required for a general education course.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Adult College Completion tuition for the 2020-21 year (beginning Summer 2020) is $555 per credit. The total cost of completing your degree will depend on any transfer credits you may have from other institutions. Our admissions counselors would be happy to meet with you to create a personalized degree completion plan that would include an estimate of your total cost. We can also provide information about potential financial aid and share creative ideas that other students have used to finance their education.
- A minimum age of 22 prior to the start of classes in term of enrollment. Waivers for students less than 22 years of age considered on an individual basis.
- Two years full-time work experience or equivalent.
- GPA: First time students must have earned a high school diploma with a GPA of 2.5 or a GED score of 278. Transfer students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in at least 12 academic credits from an accredited college.
- A completed application.
- Official transcripts. Please request that official transcripts for all high school and undergraduate academic credits earned be sent to: Edgewood College, Attn: Admission Manager, 1000 Edgewood College Dr, Madison, WI 53711
International students may have additional admission requirements. Learn more.
The dates shown below are days that classes are actually in session. There will be assignments given in the week prior to the start of each term that will be due on the first day classes are held.
Session 1 – August 17 – October 9
Session 2 – October 12 – December 4
Session 1 – January 19 – March 12
Session 2 – March 22 – May 7
Session 1 – May 17 – July 9
Admissions Materials: Due 2 weeks prior to the session in which you begin to attend classes.
Lindsay-RommelfangerIt was a breath of fresh air. The professors always treated me as an adult and were very understanding that everyone has a busy life outside of school and that certain situations may occur which are out of your control. They are willing to work with you to ensure you don't fall behind.Lindsay Rommelfanger, BS-Org Behavior and Leadership