Graduate Nursing Certificate Programs
Edgewood College offers Graduate Nursing Certificates in Nursing Education and Nursing Administration. The certificate programs are designed for registered nurses who desire to expand their professional qualifications into these concentrations. All programs offer a cohesive selection of graduate courses designed to offer theoretical knowledge, critical thinking skills and successful application in a practicum setting for individuals who are previously prepared at the master’s or doctoral level. Graduates are prepared in areas to support success in becoming certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
This program is designed for nursing professionals who want to be better prepared to teach clients, staff and students. It provides students with additional preparation in educational principles and theory to support them in their teaching roles. Courses focus on areas such as planning education programs or courses, teaching strategies and interpersonal competency in communication with others. The Graduate Nursing Certificate in Nursing Education requires completion of 5 three-credit courses totaling 15 credits.
- NRS 640: Curriculum and Instruction in Nursing
- NRS 675: Teaching Methodologies in Nursing Education
- NRS 701: Advanced Pathology
- NRS 702: Advanced Physical Assessment
- NRS 703: Advanced Pharmacology
- NRS 735: Nursing Practicum
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements for admission to the Graduate Nursing Certificate Program:
- Provide evidence of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a nursing program accredited by a national nursing accreditation body with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status. The cumulative grade point average is computed on the highest degree held at the time of application to the Edgewood College graduate program.
- Complete and submit graduate application (including $30 fee) to Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions.
- Request that official transcripts for all graduate academic credits received from any post-secondary institutions be sent directly to Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions.
- Currently hold a license as a registered professional nurse.
- Minimum of one-year full time experience as a registered nurse or equivalent.
Call 608-663-2232 or email JBoehm@edgewood.edu for more information on application deadlines.