Higher Education and Leadership Studies, Ed.D.
Edgewood College offers an innovative three to three and one half-year Ed.D. program designed for working professionals in the areas of educational leadership in higher education, educational agency, and corporate education environments. As a student in this professional course of study, you’ll deepen your leadership capacities and position yourself for administrative and faculty positions. You will have the opportunity to integrate with leaders, faculty members, and deans from institutions of higher learning, including the Wisconsin Technical College system, public and private four-year colleges and universities, for-profit and online learning centers, and businesses and agencies that lead educational initiatives.
- 54-credits, ending in an Ed.D. and dissertation. With steady enrollment and progress, students can complete the program in 3-4 years.
- You will take a series of courses, two at a time, with research courses introduced early to provide a foundation for study and your own research.
- An example of course sequencing beginning in Fall 2020.
- To maximize your online learning experience, we offer optional residency opportunities in Madison, WI. These in-person opportunities will build relationships and allow you to connect with faculty early on, making future conversations and classwork richer.
- Offered fully online with synchronous and asynchronous meeting times.
- Sessions are a combination of synchronous and asynchronous meetings. Synchronous sessions may include discussions with the full class or small group, or student-faculty meetings. Students are expected to attend and participate in the synchronous meetings for each class.
- Both Blackboard and Web Ex, a video conferencing tool, support our online learning environment. Learn more about how online learning works and the expectations of a successful online learner.