Superintendent/District Leadership Licensure Program
Edgewood College is committed to making a life-changing education more affordable and accessible to more people than ever before. As part of the Graduate Affordability Promise, courses in the Superintendent Licensure Program are now $569 per credit.
The Superintendent/District Leadership concentration prepares you for a licensed position as a principal, superintendent, or other school site district administrators.
As a student enrolled in the Superintendent/District Leadership Licensure Program, you’ll explore your role as a leader, and build upon and extend your competence in the following areas as they relate to educational leadership: organizational analysis, educational change and reform, school law, public school finance, curriculum design and evaluation for administrators, school personnel administration, and educational policy. You will participate in field-based experiences as part of your courses.
This program is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction for PK-12 administration licenses. Students who have successfully completed the 24 credits in the Superintendent/District Leadership Licensure Program will have the opportunity to apply for the Superintendent License. As necessary for advance licensure, the principal license is also available through this program. Further, the Director of Instruction, Director of Student Services, and School Business Management licenses are available, although additional classes and experiences may be necessary for any of these three licensing areas.
- 24 Credits
- Includes Three Credit Practicum and Portfolio
- 18 Months from Start to Completion
- License(s) Completion in Fall to Allow for Spring Job Market
- Over 125 Wisconsin Superintendents Have Completed This Program over the Past 18 years.
- Continuing Study Opportunity for an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership through the Doctoral Completion Program upon Program Completion
- Courses are offered on weekends in Madison at the Edgewood College Monroe Street Campus. Program delivery will to be blended and Cohort based.
- Blending will consist of one full face to face day per credit and supplemental assignments. We make use of online resources and technology to accommodate busy schedules.
- Classes begin in early September.
Our alumni are everywhere, accomplishing amazing things. The articles below are just a few examples of their latest activity.